Thursday, October 30, 2014

AMEN

Prayer opens the window of the soul to let in light.  Prayer is good for my brain!
Prayer gives me hope and faith that sustains me and gives me grace to accept and trust the will of God. 
Prayer is not a spell like Harry Potter casts and results are immediately evident.  No  one is able to predict the efficacy of prayer and unless some new scientific method is uncovered, it remains a mystery. 
PA240521
Prayer is like an invisible thread that connects us to this mystery.  As Christians I believe in the covenant promises of God to be faithful to His Word944Prayer is like walking in a garden filled with all our hopes and dreams.
 It is like walking in the forest and seeing new life grow out of the old.

Yes, we live in a world of suffering and pain that can make it difficult to believe in a God of goodness and love unless we realize that the answer to our prayers begins with our actions.  It is
God is Creator, Liberator and Sustainer of life.  Yes, I believe in a supernatural power that is real and exists and because I keep prayer an active part of my life it is for me significant.  It reminds me of what I truly value and what is important.  Simple words asking for love to surround those I love and keep them safe from harm.

Yesterday was a strange day that started out with my visit to my friend and neighbor Mrs. G.  She really has gotten some strange ideas in her head being alone too much.  She is caught up in her own world of negative thinking.  Sad she does not even trust her family and thinks people are checking up on her when they want to help.  The mind can only hold  so much despair and anxiety and I hope and pray she will be able to come out of this paranoia.   She does well for some one who is 82 and I try to encourage her to take one day at a time and phone me is she needs help.

The sad thing was that Jim seemed even cheerful in comparison.

Dad and I spent the day going to his two doctors and had some skin removed on his hand to get rid of little growths, and got his blood pressure medicine prescription renewed.

I believe in the power of prayer even when I know it cannot intervene in the laws of the Universe and keep away illness, evil or calamity, but it can renew my faith in humanity and keep me humble.
Prayer and friendship  can save a soul from despair!  Amen!

Kim had made a healthy supper and fortunately Carol also dropped by to help eat it.  Dad and I had eaten out and since I had my usual salad I was still a bit hungry. 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Have the mormons stopped coming by to visit? Or was it JW? So Jim is still alive and kicking, I guess he really really likes milkshakes. Have my midterm today at 11:30. Might stop off and check on those two kittens I was supose to foster, so how they are doing. Sandra

beth bennett said...

The family from the Mormon church have moved back to Utah or somewhere. They are here as missionaries. She feels sad going to church and right now does not trust them. Some young girls were coming later in the afternoon and young people are good medicine right?

What fortunate kittens to have a good home for awhile. How long?

I am sure you will do well on your test you have a good brain!

I have to connect with Lily today to see if she is coming on Wed. to share her story. I want her to visit Gunty with me too one of these days.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Those are lovely hopeful words about prayer Beth. They help to re-affirm my belief at a time when it is shaken. It does seem to be coming back...and prayer is once again part of my day.

It sounds as though you neighbour needs to have some professional help with her paranoia. It must be frightening for her to have to live like that.

Two doctor appointments in one day is very tiring...glad that all is OK.

Our son, Mark is here today hanging a door for us in to the laundry room. We have a few other small jobs to be done as well. Carl cannot do these things anyore. His hands are so deformed by the rheumatoid arthritis. It is difficult for him to even hold a cup. Sometimes when they are really swollen I have to help him dress. Good thing our sons live close by and can help out! We are thankful!

Aren't the kittens cute, the ones that Sandra is going to foster? Thank goodness for good people like the animal shelter there and Sandra, who save lives.

It is a lovely sunny day today, but chilly. Things are starting to freeze now. The temperature is only 0C and that will be

You are a good person, Beth, bringing a ray of sunshine in to the lives of those who are so unhappy. Many would just give up on them.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nancy. I keep thinking I do not know what I will be like.
I have asked another friend Lily to go with me to see Gunty to-morrow. I am not sure what to do but hopefuly knowing some one cares will be a start.
Love Beth