Monday, October 20, 2014

LOST IDENTITY

DSCN5393
Yes we do carry our lives in our wallets, all our identity cards etc.

So Sunday morning started as a very bad morning when I looked into my purse and the wallet was gone.  I had just taken several hundred dollars out to pay some bills but I was not worried about that.  I feel totally anxious and confused trying to remember where I had used it last but first searched through every drawer and cupboard and odd place I could think of. 

I did remember getting it out at the restaurant and leaving with my purse.  I get very upset with myself when I make a mess of things.  I know it will take a lot of time and effort to make corrections and get new driver's license and credit cards etc. 

The restaurant is not in the phone book so I insist we drive there. Dad is not very confident as I would have left it on Friday and it is now Sunday and surely they would have phone.  No, not necessarily I say.

It is very early when we arrive at the place and people are starting to come in for breakfast.  I wait patiently for the head man to come.  He is sure nothing has been turned in.  I stand there in shock because he is not even looking.  A waitress with a big heart comes over and takes one look at me and says she thinks he should at least look.  He takes a quick look but she gets down on her hands and knees and looks way down and she finds it.

She gives it to me and we hug and I am laughing.  I run out to the car as best as I can and dad can not believe it.  The money was taken but that did not matter and I am hopeful the person really needed it.

My next chapter in the book is called "Velcro for the Bad" or how to cope with stress and pressures so I better read on.

 At the end of the day I remember the warm hug from the waitress and the joy of getting my wallet back and the support of an understanding husband!

It was good to have Kim home and she made us some great soup for supper. 
She went off to soccer in the evening.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, just losing the money is better than the whole wallet. It is so sad that there are people who are so selfish to just take the money and hide your wallet. It was a beautiful warm day yesterday, did you get out in it at all? Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I did go to church but left early and then we drove to White Rock. We had lunch at Milestones and picked up milk and a few things at Save-On.
It was really very warm and it did us good.
Dad seemed extra tired last night but we have our good days and not so good.
Hope your studying is going well.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Now that is a bad news / good news story. It really makes me angry to think that someone would take the money and just hide the wallet. How dishonest. At least you got the wallet back with all you ID.What a worry for you, Beth.

Once my purse was stolen while I sat on a bench waiting for the bus....I had a lot of parcels and my purse. It was very upsetting. A few days later Canada post came to the door with my purse. It had been tossed in a mail box after the money was taken. I was so grateful to have all my ID back.

Yesterday was going to be a painting day. I had my painting all planned...a watercolour of sunflowers...with some touches of gold leaf...but it was not to be. My sales rep came for an unexpected visit and to pick up some more cards and prints to sell. ALso had a visit from Carls cousin, Larrette. She is SAm Ateah's daughter and a twin. Her twin brother's name is Larry. The names are interesting aren't they?

I am thinking of trying out another church...it is very popular with the local people..much more so than the Anglican church. I am so steeped in the tradition of the Anglican and United churches and am not sure what I will think! It is a more evangelical church. But not radical as some of them are. I really like the minister...so will let you know what happens.

How are you doing with your probiotics, Beth? Do you notice a difference in how you feel?

Well, today is laundry day and we must go for our long walk...gotta go!

Have a great day, you two,

Love, Nancy

larry bennett said...

Not sure about the probiotics. At first I did so I am thinking they are good. Also suppose to be good for dogs Kim tells me.
Yes some days do not work out like we plan and it is worth trying your new church you never know.
I would miss not going myself. Leah may come over for a visit today as she will have feelings about the loss of Howard that may be good for her to talk about.

Enjoy your day too/

love beth

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, that is a good story. Thank goodness for the nice waitress who insisted that a bit of searching be carried out! Losing the wallet and ID and bank cards and all that is like being made a nobody!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes, I agree.
I am thankful for good people.
love mom