Sunday, October 26, 2014

PILGRIMS

PA210469
Christianity is about a pilgrimage.  A  down to earth seekers walking on a  journey along a earthly path looking for heavenly signposts.  Guided by our knowledge and by our inspirations.

Smile with tongue outWhere did that come from?

“Christianity is about the right direction, toward the wisdom of God, toward love, toward home.    Things like hospitality, contemplation, healing, testimony and justice.  Christians call these signposts “practices” the activities drawn from our tradition that we do in community.  Hopefully with love and compassion.
 
I want to meet challenges in a responsive mode without them becoming stressed or upset..  Perfectionism is a stressor.
 
DSCN5391Events occur, even hard ones, but there is a kind  of shock absorber in your brain that stops them from rattling you.  You deal with threat, loss, or rejection without getting carried along by feelings of fear, frustration, or heartache.  You are still engaged with life, and sometimes still handling very difficult things, but on the basis of an underlying sense of security, fulfillment, and feeling of being cared for.  I am not there yet!

   Advice and caring of a good friend is very helpful.

Saturday was very busy.   The pottery was absolutely breath taking in form and in color.

The drive to Chilliwack went well and watching Morgan is a delight.  She played the second half in goal and did well for her first time.  She stopped two and let two goals in we were very proud of her effort.

The drive home in the pouring rain and dark seemed very long but actually dad made good time.

This pilgrim is ready for church today and our family gathering later.  I do hope there is no snow on the road from Kamloops but I know Rick is a safe driver and used to the snow.

Happy Sabbath to all.

 This is a responsive mode not one of reacting when you feel you have to fight or flee.  -from Hard wiring Happiness
I need light to see the way and the Scriptures promise that the word will become like a lamp to my feet.  I need to trust that God will be with me and with each one of us as we reach out knowing He is there.



4 comments:

Sandra said...

I will make the pilgrimage to your house for 4 as per Kimberlys invitation. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Friday I did have the snow tires put on.

According to Drive BC, just a tiny bit of snow at the highest points of the Coquihalla, so I'm not expecting too much trouble.

Leaving shortly on my pilgrimage!

I did ask Christopher if he wanted to come over, but he said he had other plans (gosh - isn't he popular these days!)

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

The pottery would have been fantastic to check out. I have always been drawn to it but never pursued anything. I would love to buy pieces.
Enjoy the weekend with family.
XO

nancy-Lou said...

Kimberly is so gifted...her pottery pieces are lovely! I would have gone to the show if I lived there! Well done, Kim. Does she like to paint too?

My goodness you had a busy day yesterday. Where was the pottery show? Then out to Chilliwack for soccer with Miss Morgan. Aren't the kids growing quickly? Ben is so tall now and Morgan has blossomed in to quite the young lady, since I first started to follow your blog, Beth.

I am sure it means a lot for you and Larry to go and see your grandchildren's various events and activities. Just having one grandchild and she is 20....we don't do a lot of that, now that she lives in Winnipeg. We used to when she lived here.

I am still looking for the right direction towards that wisdom of God. I always thought I had it...but these last couple of years really shook my faith. But a step in the right direction is a friend has agreed t0 go with me to the other church in our area....so we will try it out next Sunday.

I am busy making cabbage rolls for supper and baked apples...the timer is calling me...so got to run...can you smell the cabbage? MMMMMM

Love to all,
Nancy