Thursday, October 16, 2014

BLESS OLD AQUAIN TANCES

PA150412
Wet  and windy.  The weather in Sidney, Australia is terrible!

Dad is getting together with some of his old buddies from his days at the Air Traffic Control Centre next week.

I met my homeless man sitting out side the store yesterday.  He says he has a place to sleep and he  is trying to stop drinking beer.  Several people do stop and talk to him.  He says he is trusting Jesus to help him.  It is hard to change what has become your lifestyle and need lots of help and support.

I also met an old friend from our Vineyard days.  Dave has quite being a teacher and lives off selling his art work.  I even recognized him which was good and made me feel better.

PA150411I also picked up several books from my favorite authors at the library when we dropped in the other day.  Authors become like old friends and I love when a new book comes out.  I have several books I am trying to read now so probably will be renewing them at least one or twice.
 
Today I am going to see Jim who I expect to be at the Seniors Home.  I do expect he will be back in hospital any day.  First there is a funeral at our church.
 
Friday we are meeting Jane and Geof for lunch and get caught up on  all the goings on in our families.  I am looking forward to our visit. 
 
Old acquaintances should never be forgotten.

5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Looks like a lot of mystery books from the library.

I think the "Bless" in your title has become "Less".

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I remember Dave too, but then both him and his wife were very distinctive looking people. That reminds me, I saw Mikeys sister Michelle at the Salvation Army in Langley when I was out looking for a dresser for Kimberly. So glad it is the weekend already, but I have a lot of studying to do so hope it rains a lot. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Sandra said about the rain. I have LOTS of marking to do! We are meeting some people at the house tomorrow to get some ewstiamtes for flooring and painting. We don't have possession yet, but the agent will let us in for a few hours.xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

How exciting for Carol and Panteli to have a new home! I wish them a trouble free move and many happy years there.

Your library books look interesting Beth. We have a local library and I haven't been there in years...I have an e-reader and order all my books online.

Yes, old friends are to be treasured. As we get older there are less and less of them! I am glad you and Larry are so active and stay in touch with your friends.

How was your visit with Jim?

Today is a music teaching day for me and I always look forward to " my kids". No adult this year.

Have a great day,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick I changed the title and all our mystery books except one.
I still like holding a book in my hand.
My visit went okay he is very appreciating and does not look well at all. No fight left in him.
The funeral went on a bit long and I had to get going to the Home so came home very hungry and tired. My own fault of course.
Going to see Carol and Panteli's place in the morning. I am looking forward to see it.
love mom