Friday, October 3, 2014

JUST DUCKY

PA030283PA030279
PA030282OFF TO TAKE MORE DUCK PICTURES IN THE DARK!  JUST DUCKY!

Okay so I can take human pictures too
.

                               Things looking a little brighter.

Came home to have a lively discussion on everything from war to religion to politics, and even health.  Everyone has strong opinions which they are passionate about.

Dad and Ken took off to see the new home of Carol and Panteli's which was going t be open for three hours and so they would be able to see and walk around it.  I was anxious to go to but had promised to wait for Sandra to come after her exam. 

She was late coming so it was too late for the viewing.  Everyone seems very impressed and excited.  Now comes the financing decisions that they would work out in the after noon.  She was able to join us for lunch at the River Inn.  It was lovely to sit outside I started to feel chilled.  The waitress who is our favorite waitress brought me a blanket and tucked me in snug as a bug.  Just ducky!

I read a little bit of the book "What Makes Olga Run".  The story of her life includes some very hard times.  Part of the theory is that having difficult times in our early teens and twenties will produce strength for future adversity.

"I think you will be better off with setbacks," she believes as her own  late twenties and thirties were some of the most trying years of her life."  She became a single mom escaping from an abusive husband.

For myself I think I cannot try something new until I am willing to try it.  And we know we learn just as much from failure as success.  Also for me it was important to hear a voice saying "well done".  Even Jesus had that!

5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Just like clock work....I boot up the laptop and there is Beth's Blog....hurrah! That is Ducky!Your faithfulness to your blog is much appreciated!

It is wonderful to follow along with your daily activities...family visits, buying new homes and dinner parties. Are Carol and Pantelli moving to Delta? I hope Ken is feeling better today..so often people get sick after travelling on airplanes. How are your walks going Beth? ARe you taking Haiti with you?

Bella, Max and I were not able to go for a walk yesterday...too much rain and wind. We miss it. Today I am painting with a friend, but must find time to go for a walk...once you get into the routine it becomes almost an obsession to walk daily, doesn't it?

Have a great day,
Love, nancy

In your picture today, you are dressed pretty warmly....it must be cool there too. It is touque and mitts time here....the wind chill is pretty cold...3C and a 67K wind. When I went out to feed the birds, first thing this morning I really had to button up.
The bird feeder is a busy place this morning. My little chickadees and nuthatches remember me from last winter and greet me with their joyous songs. I put out some dry cat food for the larger birds...the magpies and crows and it is a feeding frenzy...with the crows being the boss. The birds bring us so much pleasure.

Shandel said...

Nancy my daisy dog demands walks every day now lol the routine of walking daily for three years now is a must to continue. it reminds how important some routines are! :D and it keeps me motivated to routinely workout. who knew my pup could be a motivator~

beth bennett said...

Ken feels a little better today. Too bad I did not see the house I would take pictures. It is in Tsawwassen

Ken is trying to find a standby flight to fly home very bad situation.

Yes I walk Haiti at night sometimes when Kim goes to work. If I go about 6;30 there is a doggie group and we can let the dogs off leash and Haiti loves it. Simone has scarlet fever and is on meds. now She has been very sick. Such a worry with little ones.
love

Sandra said...

I was not late, I even left my exam before the time was up!

I have a sore throat too, I hope Kenny did not get it from me.

beth bennett said...

Hi
It seems we all have sore throats that may have something to do with weather changes, or germs just getting passed around.
Ken situation is bad because too many stand by's want to board his flight home and the word is there is no room. No room at all. He is now making better plans so everything will work out.
love mom