Thursday, October 30, 2014

SAFETY, SATISFACTION, AND CONNECTION

PA240519
Morning prayer graces my day with His loving Presence!

]Nice to have a few colorful flowers to bring in the house.
Taking time to be refreshed by beauty.
Taking time to be thankful for my warm home.

"Your brain is the master regulator of your body.  In a responsive mode, it tells your body to conserve energy and to refuel and repair itself."  -Hardwiring Happiness

The more we hear of bad things happening the more important our feelings of safety become.  I feel that we live in a safe neighborhood with a lot of friendly kind  neighbors.
I have satisfaction from working in my garden and writing my blog and reading the comments  and learning and reading. 

I have connections with my family, my friends, my community, my church and my God.

"Endorphins, and other natural opioids, and nitric oride  are released" when I allow myself to feel good and crave less things that are unhealthy for me.  My core needs met.

Regularly looking for opportunities to take in the good and the imperfect can help your brain feel the sense of well-being, the sense of safety and satisfaction.  Aware of new opportunities that come my way and help me to think positively and gratefully.  Increased my walk a extra few blocks and am very fortunate to be able to enjoy even a day that starts out rainy and then the sun surprised me and comes out.

"While taking in the good, you typically prolong dopamine inputs to the amygdala."  Happier individuals have more amygdala stimulation to the nucleus accumbens , a control center deep in the brain.  In effect happiness encourages us to take practical steps toward our dreams."  -H. H.

Yesterday was a day for decisions, although my were minor, dad changed his mind about taking the hormone shot, a big decision. He is doing so well now he does not want to go back to feeling tired and listless.

I just had to decide whether to work inside or out as both need cleaning up.  Actually did a bit of both.  Right now raking leaves feels good but when I look up and see all the ones still hanging just ready to rain down on the ground I see a lot more work.  Thinking back to when the kids would help and then run and jump in the pile and mess it all over again I remember it as great fun.

Today dad goes to the cancer skin doctor and I will use the car first to take a quick drive with my milkshake hoping Jim is still at the home.

I  am thankful for happy memories.  This morning praying for family especially my brother Brian and his wife Traudl.  He is having surgery in Cranbrook on his nose and sinus.  Pray the surgery is successful and healing to go well.

Time flies,  birds fly and so does prayer.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I think I am too tired to comment. But your blog left a nice warm feeling as if I had been out walking in my garden. Have a nice day.Sandra

beth bennett said...

I pray that you will find new energy as your day progress. I have been feeling too tired to write my blog but I do my best.

Have a nice day too.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Well I am thankful for your commitment to your blog, Beth, even when you are so tired...you still write! You have given us a feel good message...of happiness! Thank-you for all reading and passing along your knowledge. You are a dear friend, Beth!

Good books on the brain.I truly believe that some people are naturally more happy and now I know why....due to the nucleus accumbens! Some people seem to always have a black cloud around them..almost a visible one. I stay away from them.

Isn't that great....you walked father today! You must be getting stronger..wonderful news!

The flowers are pretty and colourful. Are they from your garden? I still have some flowers blooming...pansies and marigolds.Today is their last day because it is going down to -6 oevernight. BRRRRR
I really love pansies and the happy faces that look up at me.I like to paint them too and think I will do a new series.
Currently working on a series of floral paintings in watercolour...very simply done...with a touch or two of gold leaf. wasn't sure how that would work out....but the comments are positive. my sales rep is going to take them to a gallery in Winnipeg when they are completed. The gallery who carried my work closed down last month, so looking for a new one.

Today is my piano teaching day and I am excited to start teaching my students their new pieces for the Winnipeg Music Festival. All entries are mailed and now we have to work hard! It is held early in March.

Have a great day and let us know how Jim is doing.

Love, Nancy



Steady-as-rain said...

Endorphins do come in handy.

Love,

Rick