Tuesday, October 14, 2014

FALLING

DSCN5376
Early morning walk the leaves were falling down  as I walked and later on the rain would start.
Lots of good things for breakfast, like dad’s porridge and Kim’s eggs.   Good to have a quiet visit with the four of us not that it had been noisy the day before but just what you would expect with a big bunch of happy people.  I feel we are really coming closer as a family each time we get together.

I am sure a lot of people were very tired yesterday.  I for one sure was.

Usually when I meet someone who seems to know me I just pretend and go along with it but I met a lady at the store who knew me but I had no idea who she was, so I asked her and she is my neighbor.  She sees me walking by that is why her house regularly but I do not notice her.  Felt a little foolish.

Dad waited to go for a bike ride when it was raining on his old bike and did get soaking wet. 

PA120371I feel we are very fortunate to have a very creative family.

Oliver and Kim are making a video to enter a contest for a T.V. show.  Wishing them good luck.

Ben has Christmas all planned for his house and he is planning to make us all breakfast.

A huge cabbage from Ron and Dona's garden and not realizing how heavy it is I nearly drop it.  Kim makes us excellent cabbage soup for supper.  Nice and warm and filling on a rainy cold day when the dark evening seems to start so early.

Thankful for life and friendships that keep on keeping on!

6 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

mmmmm cabbage soup. Granddaughters are the best! Mine likes to cook too and helps out a lot in the kitchen.She sure helped me yesterday.
ooops...I am sure Grandsons are the best too..just don't have one.
Carly is 20 and so mature now. Love her tons!

Isn't that cute...Ben wants to have you all over for Christmas and make you breakfast!

Going to teach my kids native art class today at the school. I love teaching them, what a great group of eager beavers! There are 13 kids in the class. 8 years to 12.

Have you seen the winter forecast? BC is above normal temperatures and Manitoba is having another cold winter. Oh well we are used to it!

Love Nancy

Sandra said...

I must have done it again, I did not post my comment before closing my laptop at home. Had my first nearly bare tree on the walk this morning. Randy and I keep meaning to take a camera with us to take a picture of the pretty trees but we forget. I decided to drop out of my thriller dance...I hate doing it but I was not happy with the marks I got on my midterm so need to buckly down and study more. Sandra

Theresa Rose said...

Nice to catch up on reading!

beth bennett said...

Theresa that was a nice surprise!

Ken so pleased everything has gone so well with Matthew. Give him a big hug from us all.

Back to work so soon? Time flies.
Dad had another fall on his bike. I believe he still thinks like a dare devil and needs to be more careful. He could do a lot more damage than I can with my falls. He has cut his leg which is not good with poor circulation.

Yes, I have wonderful grand daughters and grandsons.

love grama

Steady-as-rain said...

Hmm, if Ben is thinking about Christmas I guess I should as well.

Falling off a bicycle is not good.

Maybe you should all be a bit more careful?

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes dad and I have to admit we are getting clumsy! Good advice Rick.
love mom