Wednesday, October 1, 2014

THE NEWS ROOM

P9300256
A beautiful day for a drive to the airport.  We did not mind the wait at the airport, watching all the loved ones being greeted by happy excited families.  Ken arrived right on time and it was out turn to be  thrilled just to see him.
It had been a busy morning with last minute shopping and cleaning.
Dad and I had a quiet visit with Ken before Kim arrived home and then Carol also dropped in as this was the night they go to their defense exercise class.

Just a small group but lots of exciting talk catching up.  I heard a few stories about mischief they got into when they were growing up.  It was like a busy news room with lots of talking and laughter and event telling.  Sandra is trying to arrange a day to have us all over and that is not easy.  She and Carol do their thriller dance, to raise money for the food bank, on Sat. at Fort Langley.  Theresa and the children all have soccer games.  It should all be arranged by now.

Carol had an idea I should walk around with weights on my feet so I did.  Looking crazy  am sure.

Today dad has a long appointment at his new eye doctor and I plan to walk with Ken.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes it is set for Sunday. Sorry, I was trying to study and my computer kept beeping as different options were discussed. At lease dads appointment does not require a long drive into the city. Sandra

Shandel said...

weights on your feet? that would be a lot of work. good way to build strength and resistance in the legs. Happy you can all visit. Was Ken in town for work? 4 days is not a long time to visit when you are coming from so far away!

beth bennett said...

Ken is here until next Tuesday but still the time will go by so fast it will not seem long enough
.
We are thankful not to have to drive into Van. especially with all the traffic problems. He will get looked at with fresh eyes so that is good.

My doctor has phoned and wants to discuss a report he should have received a month ago.

Looking forward to each day!
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

How happy you must be to have your son from Australia visiting aand to have everyone visiting.
That was a great "news report" Beth!

My art class with the kids went really well. 13 boys and girls, some very talented, some hard workers...and one very busy little guy who talks non stop! Did I say, " I love to teach?" I sure do, all the kids!

Have a good walk with your son, Beth and a lovely day together,

Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am just getting cauhgt up from teh last few days of posts. I teach Monday, Tuesday and wednesday and it was a heavy marking week, so just getting caught up now. Sounds like I missed a lovely dinner party with Kenny. Looking forward to seeing him. Now I have to log onto Facebook and see all the exciting posts aboutKen Dinner Party That May or May Not Also Be the Early Thanksgiving Dinner! xo Panteli