Friday, November 21, 2014

ASSUMPTIONS

PB190818
Both Kim and I are up a little earlier.  She has lots to do at school and I  want to go for an earlier walk.  Sure enough as I round the corner on my walk I meet friendly faces and kind words of a good morning how are you.  I say fine even though my legs feel very wooden and stiff this morning.

  I am very careful on the stairs. 

It is milder and the road has been rained on during the night.  We can expect three days of rain and hopefully a rainbow at the end.  Do hope we do not get as much rain as Buffalo had snow!

We assumed our refrigerator was still working when we first got up but soon realized that the milk was too warm.  Of course we think  we do not want to have to buy a new one as they are very expensive.  Dad cleaned the back and got it working again.  Very thankful for a frig. that works.

Very thankful dad offered to drive to the Seniors home.  Jim is very sick with the flu so I did not stay long and did not get close.  I assume these bugs can be catchy.

We often make assumptions about many things and especially about religion and spirituality.  In the past spirituality was thought to be  personal and private separate from politics.  The United church is not very evangelical so those who attend do not feel the necessity of sharing their faith to save somebodies soul.  We leave that up to Billy Graham and other evangelists.

Assuming spirituality is political then is politics properly spiritual.  Now we are more modern we take for granted that politics are meant to be secular.  One thing that has happened is it then losses its moral structure and purpose and becomes an old boys club with its group interests and also personal ambition.

I assume that the home we grew up in had some influence on our lives.  Hopefully there is learned a respect for all religions and a respect for the dignity of all human beings which I believe are the roots of a deep faith.  I like to assume that within each one of us lies many talents that create beauty and inspire others to also use their talents. 

Gifts from the goodness of a Creator God!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

If it isn't one thing it is another when you own a house. I have a bit of a break this morning. Normally my Pilates is at 7:30 am but today it is at 11:30. Need to concentrate on my school work. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Assumptions...well one could assume that the carpet of leaves at the base of the tree in your photograph are gold coins...they are that beautiful.

I am glad too, that your handyman husband, Larry was able to fix your fridge problem and save you a service call. Good for you Larry. We had a problem with our fridge freezing up and our son, Bob looked on line and found out how to fix it! Saved us a service call too. It is amazing what you can find out on line.

I was sorting through my large collection of music books and scores and found the most lovely choral piece for SATB....it is in four parts. I can play the piano accompaniment and sing the soprano melody and it is one of the nicest choral work I have heard. I wondered it you knew it? It is called
Psalm of Quietness, words and music by John Wilson. The coda is based on psalm 46:10 be still and know that I am God.

I wish I still had a choir and we could sing this. hmmmm might think on that one! We did have a small choir at church, years ago...but we don't have enough members now to even think about that now.

Are you familiar with the music? I will see if I can find it on you tube and send you a link.

Anyway....it is going to be another great day, isn't it?

Love, Nancy



Anonymous said...

I would love to be able to hear that music Nancy.

Music is a wonderful isnèt it.

Yes, a quiet day so far but should be great.

Love beth

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the fridge going .
Ken