Tuesday, November 4, 2014

MINDFUL

PB020616
Changed my calender and changed my clock.
PB020624
Everyday I am mindful of the changing temperature and loss of sunlight.  There are a few colorful leaves that remind us that it is fall not winter yet, not hear in B.C. anyway.

The rain got worse all day and the day had a gloomy feel.  All the news is very gloomy too, very disheartening.  I read scripture hoping it will feed my mind and renew my faith in human nature.  I read that we are to have the mind of Christ as he tells us to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.  Paul writes that the mind that is controlled by the spirit brings life and peace where as when we war in our minds we struggle with what is right and wrong.  He calls it evil.

Dad had an early doctor's appointment but forgot to mention some things and you can not trust the doctor of being mindful of all that is changing in his life.  Meanwhile I walk with a friend who is upset with decisions being made in our country.  I am mindful of many changes too and yet I know it is for some a sign of maturity.

I finally connect with Lily to discuss plans for her coming to talk at the U.C.W. meeting.  We will be hearing about her journey from India to Canada which was sustained by her Catholic upbringing. 

Today dad will be getting laser treatment on his eyes for glaucoma.and hopefully all goes well.

The gospels and the book on the brain tell us that a mind abiding in peace,
guided by love and the willingness to serve will be renewed.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Who will be driving dad home after his laser surgery? Very gloomy wet day yesterday, I did not do my walk at lunch time. Today should be better. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I will be driving dad home after his eye surgery so I home today is not pouring rain. They changed his appointment time so fortunately I phoned to make sure of the right time. They said they had phoned but we had no knowledge of it.
Hope you can do your walk today.
Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Wishing Larry a successful surgery on his eyes. If it is anything like the cataract surgery I had...it couldn't have been easier. Quick and painless and good eyesight right away! Amazing!

Where is the surgery done? At a hospital in Surrey? I hope you don't have to drive in top Vancouver.

It is a gloomy and cold morning here too. AND it is snowing sideways. The strong north wind is in a grumpy mood.

Today is a home day for us....I will be back in the crawlspace doing some more sorting and throwing out. Yesterday I took 8 large trash baqs to V.V.

Please let us know how Larry is doind,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

All went well and it was painless. The drive was to White Rock right near the hospital and we even got a free parking space which is like a little miracle.

The wind blew the clouds away and it was a sunny day and a enjoyable drive.

Have fun Nancy cleaning out your crawl space. It is amazing how we end up with so much stuff.

Love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Thanks for letting us know all went well with Larry's surgery today. I am glad you didn't have to go too far...White Rock is pretty close, right?

Love, Nancy