Thursday, November 13, 2014

HOMELESS

PB090675
So thankful to have a home to share with family and friends.  One of the other sad things about war is the many who are left orphans with no home. There are far to many families living in refugee camps.  There are far to many homeless living on the streets.

 Paul in his letter to the Corinthians mentions being persecuted and homeless.  Paul did not like suffering but accepted the hardships that come with being a follower of Jesus.  He wanted them to know he had no regrets and that God would be the one to judge us all so that we were not to judge one another not even ourselves.

I can feel a pressure to be more like some one else but feelings like can cause home sickness.    I do not need to conform to the world but let love transform me and welcome me home.

His words expressed his love which was compared to a father's love that also disciplined and nurtured.  I had trouble with this lesson but it was fun to do it with a happy group.

Today is milkshake day and I think it will continue to be clear and cold.  The three of us feel a little achy and shaky but think it is the change in the weather.  Maybe a little let down after all the fun and games!

No matter where I have been or who I have been with I am always so thankful to be home.






 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Having been homeless for a short period of my life I can attest that it is not a nice feeling. With is so cold out right now very glad to have a home. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Me too.

Very cold walking.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Ahh yes, home. There is no place like home...the saying goes...and it is very true! I feel badly for the way Canada treats the homeless...there are so few places for them to make a home.

There is a new place in Winnipeg that give the homeless a small couple of rooms that they can call home and there are no rules...all are welcome.They even have a small balcony.
There are many more places needed like this for the drug addicts....the alcoholics, the prostitutes and those with mental problems who are homeless. It is a good first step forward.

We built our home almost 40 years ago on a portion of the original Ateah homestead land. We are surrounded by family, cousins, nephews and nieces, sons etc. A wonderful feeling. We are truly blessed.

Your home looks very warm and homey, Beth....you can tell it has lots of love going on there.

I invited a friend, who is going through a difficult time and is depressed to come and paint with me on SAturday. She hasn't been able to paint for a while...but she said yes! I do hope she will have a good day and a good painting too! It should bring her something positive to think about!

AND it was a good day, once again!

Love, Nancy