Monday, November 17, 2014

EACAPE! !

PB150781
I love to escape for a walk especially down to the lake.
Sometimes there is not escape from duty so it is important to think of it as a blessing not a duty.
Sometimes one cannot escape a bad hair day so just have to laugh and see the humor of it.  Humor is a great way to escape reality and problems.


We thought the white bird had died but there it is in the corner.
PB150777
We cannot escape the unexpected.

We cannot escape sickness and the coming on of old age.  So make the best of it.

We cannot escape winter weather so on go the long underwear and out come mitts and toques.

I did make it to church but my teeth were not brushed  and no time to change clothes
Everyone was glad to see me.
.
  It was a good morning visiting with Oliver, then dad and then Kim. 

I like to escape with a full can of gas in the car and hate it when the gas can comes on.
I am in a hurry late as usual with the seat belt buzzer complaining and my eye on the gas.

Kim has prepare a great supper.  Oliver's favorite.  Sushi.  Plans have changed supper is at Sandra and Randy's.  Dad and I will miss out this time.  Dad has a cold and no one else wants to catch it.  I do not think he should be home alone when he is feeling down.

Escape the stress and worry of Christmas by keeping it simple.
PB160795PB150779
Escape the noise of T.V. sports and find a nice quiet calm place to be!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I am looking forward to my escape to Ontario coming soon. A short escape from traffic will be nice. Sorry that you and dad did not make it out last night, hope he is feeling better and you are able to get your teeth brushed. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

My escape is to my studio, painting and listening to music on Spotify. Away from the noisy football with the loud whistles and crowd roaring. Each one of us needs a place to escape to!

What is Mary expecting? A boy or girl or maybe one of each? How exciting for the Bennett clan to welcome another member.

Isn't that Kim amazing? She is quite the cook, looking after everyone and making sushi. Has she always liked to do that...cook as a youngster?

we plan on escaping all the hassles of Christmas too, by keeping it simple. I would like to escape my position as the " cooker of the Christmas dinner" after all these years...but there is no one to step up.

I see you had to bring out the winter outdoor apparel ...it must be cold there after a long spell of nice weather.

The pics of the lake and reflections of the trees in the water are really lovely, Beth....the colours and compositions are excellent. What is the name of the lake...is it nearby?

Well today is a turkey soup day...we had a turkey for dinner last night and now comes the best part as far as I am concerned. i am a homemade soup girl....make all kinds of soup, but turkey is my fav.

Well it is another good day, isn't it?

Have a great day,

Love, Nancy



beth bennett said...


Mary is expecting a boy!

Kim plus sandwiches and Oliver plus muscles and experience are off to help Carol. She has taken a week off.

Dad is much better but I may be catching it so will take it easier and I know everyone says we do not do much anyway. One of the joys of getting older!

love mom

Shandel said...

Escape is a must once in a while! I am thrilled and looking forward to my escape of our winter. In two days we leave to Sayulita Mexico and then to Yelapa Mexico. I am getting slightly nervous about leaving my family and animals behind. Good thing my sister is my travel buddy. Cameron is now counting down the days to our Hawaiian trip. another escape!

Super happy and excited for Mary Mike and Simone. To welcome another member of the family. and a baby boy. aww. Simone will be a proud helpful big sister i am sure. Cant wait to hear the names they plan to choose from.

Hope your cold does not last long. Dressing warm is a must....Daisy has her Muttluks on when we walk and she is a happy little dog to walk.

Have a beautiful day

Anonymous said...

You guys are always sick LOL !! Jesse has finished school. Jasmine and matthew are doing tennis lessons every Friday after school. They Finnish school dec 20 or so. I am in the middle of five days off, after a run earlies I still wake at 6am.
Ken