Saturday, November 22, 2014

LIFE

PB190806
A slice of life!
We eat our apples a bite at a time.  Apples coming ripe on the trees are a wonderful treat to the taste and to the eyes.  Colourful and fitting just right in your hand.  We are so very fortunate to have all the vegetables and fruits available to us all year long.
PB210826I set aside some time in the morning to phone some friends but no one answers my calls.  One by one I think about as I dial and listen to the phone ring.  Good friends have helped me feel good about myself.  They have helped me achieve some things I was afraid to try.  They have done this by helping me let go of fear and past failure.

I am thankful that I have also been able to help them.

We have work together, prayed together and seen our families grow together and I am thankful for each one of my friends not just those I phoned today!

They have taught me what it means to be a good friend.

There will be another day when we can get caught up with what is happening in their lives.  For now I wish for them to be enjoying their day and for them to be happy.

I will be content and at peace whatever I do  do.

 


4 comments:

Sandra said...

On such a rainy day like yesterday you would think every one would be home. It was a great day for studying, and making muffins. Just 3 more weeks to go! Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, here is a link for you, a choir singing A Psalm of Quietness...on you tube. Just copy the link to your browser window. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ-n79NYxhM

You can also do a search on you tube and find a couple of other choirs singing it.

Yes, having a good friend to talk to, is a cherished gift. As is, a being a friend to someone who needs to talk. We all have troubles in our life...they never seem to leave us...one passes on and another steps up to take it's place. Being able to talk to someone brings another point of view to us. BUT you need to trust that friend that they will keep things private. So we need to choose them carefully!

A friend of mine was recently betrayed with some very personal information that he divulged to someone he thought was a friend and now the whole community knows about it.

I know you are a very good friend and would never do this....you would keep their confidence private...just thought I would add in the story from here.

We are awaiting snow and I am especially glad because I decorated the trees with Christmas lights and the added snow makes them look so lovely. It hides all the ugly cords too.

Lovee, Nancy

Anonymous said...

on early shifts again this week . ugh 3am starts . Off tuesday and Wedneday. Then a run of late or pm shifts .Warm as i drove in this am , lots of kangaroos on the road near the airport.
Ken

beth bennett said...

We really want to see those kangaroos and only saw one early in the morning hiding under the bushes.

That shift work must take a toll on your health. E-mail us and let us know your health issues. As I worry about you.

love mom