Friday, November 14, 2014

LIFESTYLE

PB130731
Early morning walk through the park.  Cold and sunny.
Too early for the doggie  social hour where they get to run around off their leashes.  Haiti is admired especially for her ability to run fast.   She does not chase balls but chases dogs that do.
PB130727
PB130726
Off to visit Jim.  Just a few years back he would gruffly tell I did not need to visit him.  I would say okay and be back again the next week.  I cannot remember when I took him the first milkshake but he is very appreciative now and thanks me for the visit.

His life changed with his change in lifestyle.  He could no longer work as a pilot and had not learn to live within his means.  He became an alcoholic estranged from family and friends.  His health deteriorated and is extremely poor now.
He is very angry and very unsociable which does not help.
 
I think being faithful is a very good Christian value which  I try to uphold and maintain.  So after dad had a 3 mile bike ride he drove me to the Seniors Home as I was still feeling a little wobbly.  When I had visited Jim I ended up in the elevator with two other cranky old people with canes.  One wanted to go up and one wanted to go down and they felt very strongly about it and had me worried for a few minutes.
 
I had better practice up using my cane it may come in handy some day as I shout "No I said up not down."
 
In many ways the lifestyle of Paul, who wrote much of the Bible with his letter writing to different churches and his traveling; while Jesus traveled by foot and did not write anything that we are aware of;  are different.  They both value faithfulness and humility.
 
It is easier to see humility in Jesus and although  Paul preached it he felt the need to point out his humility to everyone.
 
Early bed time for me last night.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

I can see you doing that, and with even practising! I am off to catch up with the girls today, Suki
hi and Candice. Mary finds out if she is having a girl or boy today. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos of teh park. And yes, Haiti is a very fast runner! We get possessed today. (Maybe I could have worded that better?)
We will be at the new house all day today, and Ollie is coming sometime this afternoon to help for the weekend. xo Panteli

beth bennett said...

It will be a fun day for you Sandra and an exciting one you and Carol Penteli. We will plan to drop in you.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Laughing again at the elevator incident.....I think you should carry your cane for defense! Not from street people, but the cranky old folks.

A FB friend lives in a seniors home in Ontario and she has quite a "bite". She was complaining to me about the crabby old biddies who took so long to load on the elevators after meals. soooo all is not fun and games at the senior's home, right?

I am so glad you bring a ray of happiness in to that poor man's life...what a story..pilot with what could be a wonderful life and alcoholism ruins it all. A broken and bitter man is all that is left.
I lived that as a child, with alcoholic parents...I lived the dream life of a "happy home"..my father was a well known lawyer and my mother a dedicated homemaker but alcoholism slowly stole their "happy" life and finally killed them when I was 33.

I didn't know that Paul wrote much of the New Testament. Was he the disciple that was called the people's disciple?


There is a new book that came out, I think it is called the Lost Book of the Bible and talks about the fact that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene ..AND had children.
What are your thoughts?

It is a beautiful winter day today...those intense blue skies and white landscapes that are calling me outdoors for a good walk....with my dogs. I am thinking they need boots too...and going to look for ideas on making them some rather than buying them. It was -18 at dawn....0F.

AND it is going to be another great day!

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Hmm, I have a doctor appointment at 2:20, maybe I will make a detour on the way home and stop by and find your new place. Hope someone has their cell phone on.

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy for sharing and I am thankful your life has had purpose and meaning.

It is sunny and cold here for us sissy's. Going out to rake leaves and have fun with Haiti. She likes messing up my pile.

No I do not believe that Jesus was married and had kids but some do. A dead hero has a powerful influence on his followers as is evident by the disciples giving their lives to share the gospel.

I do not think that was Paul. I will see what I can find out.

Have fun with the dogs and enjoy the sunshine.

love beth

Steady-as-rain said...

Paul came along 20 or 30 years or so after Jesus was dead. He was not a disciple. Paul created Christianity particularly when he determined they (the followers of Christ) could take in non-Jews. Without that decision, Christianity would never have been heard from again after those that had known him died off.

Love,

Rick

larry bennett said...

That is true Rick - most of the new testament is by Paul (letters to ,etc. acts,) - in fact some scholars believe some of the sayings attributed to Jesus were actually written originally by paul.