Thursday, November 6, 2014

NIGHTMARES

PB040659
Driving home from White Rock on Tues happy and thankful for our day.  Knowing that you had worried about is over is a good thing.

I am a worrier so sometimes I have nightmares that cause me to have a restless sleep.  Last night I tried to say the Lord's prayer but could not remember it.  The good thing was that it  gave me something else to worry about! 

It was a real nightmare!

My group of ladies really enjoyed Lily sharing her life experiences with us all.  She was honest about being able to leave the convent for the summer months and spending time in the slums, where she felt free.  She had been deserted by her parents who left for Africa to work and they would eventually come and get her but her dad died soon after that.  She worked in Rwanda to help support the family.
After she married things started to change and they were not free to come and go without going through check points.  They were advised to come to Canada and she is very happy to be Canadian.

I came home and decided to take Haiti for a walk and told dad to be looking out for Carol dropping by.  He decided to work on m had brought home and was in the garage so they missed one another.

Once again I am reminded that faith is a process that calls for a listening heart that values all of life and can learn to accept the good with the bad.  Life can seem to be at times a nightmare with uncertainty and struggle but there will be moments of joy to life our spirits.  Things change in time and either we learn to adjust or we become overcomers.

Today dad is going to have a heart monitor put on just checking his heart too.





6 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like Lily had a very exciting life. I would think she finds it very dull here in Canada. At least there is nothing for you to worry about with a heart monitor test.

I have a naturopath appointment tomorrow so will stop by, around 3:30.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

If you come yell very loud and check in the garage to see if we are home. Dad has a dentist appointment and then I think he is finished his check-ups for this month.
Have you had your exam yet?
Lily is a very involved person so she is not bored and she loves being a Canadian but loved to share her early She visits the prison and also monitors those who come out of prison and need help to stay on the right path.
She is a very strong woman but also compassionate.
Hope it is a bit brighter today.
Love mom
Love mom

Shandel said...

Lily sounds to be an amazing soul. She would be lovely to enjoy her presence. Its always very humbling and eye opening to listen to stories like this.

nancy-Lou said...

This getting old is not for the faint of heart...that is for sure! All these medical things are so worrisome and tiring. These days the doctors seem to have so many different tests and drugs.

Carl is waiting to hear from Manitoba Pharmacare re the drug Rituxan, the infusion for rheumatoid arthritis. We are hoping he will be approved. It involves an IV infusion of the drug that takes about 8 hours and he has to do it twice. This will be the third time. His RA is flaring again and he cannot manage to do some of his dressing etc...so I help out. Also do the driving.

I am so grateful to be healthy and have energy to look after everything.

Guess what? I am going to church this Sunday. Our minister, Judy, asked to borrow one of my paintings of poppies, for the service. I am thinking it will be a Remebrance Day service. So I am taking it and an easel and I think Carl will come too. First time in a year, that I will be going to church.

Lily sounds like a dear soul....to have lived through all she has and to be so caring of others. She reminds me of my friends from Sudan, The Lost Boys....so humbling to meet them. I will always remember their strong Christian faith and how it got them through all they went through....they had HOPE. That is what they told me...as they held my hand and related their story and sang hymns. Faith and hope.

Well have a good day, I see it is stormy on the coast so hang on to your hat!

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sunny and hot here. Last of my late shifts tonight, I will finish by 1am. Matthew going to try tennis on Sunday.
Two really busy days for me Wednesday and thursday. Power failure in Sydney on Wednesday and storms and yesterday the control tower at melbourne was evacuated with fire and smoke.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Not a boring life like I lead, get some rest.
Hope Matt like tennis - it realy is a great game.
Just watching the Canucks, tied with SJ - they are looking better so far this year.
love
dad