Thursday, November 20, 2014

GHOSTS

PB190823
A little warmer today and I leave later for my walk.  I miss all my regular walking friends and as I pass the corners or the houses where we usually greet I feel like I am walking with ghosts.  I guess that is a funny thing to think.  It is light but it is going to be a dull day
PB190817.
Carol came over and her and dad went to Home Depot.  She has a good plan to finish the top floor which is a smaller area and see how she likes the color of the paint and flooring etc. I like to have a place in my home which is my special place, a sanctuary of sorts.  A place where time can be still for a few moments.
 
She is worn out taking off that miserable wall-paper and there is so much to be done it is exciting but over whelming.  No wonder she drives off with out her purse with so much on her mind.

Dad will go in and help her when she needs some help.  There is also a young boy from the school that is willing to help and has some experience too.

My hearing seems to be getting worse and I also believes trying to hear is very tiring, sure we laugh when I get things all wrong but I also am more sympathetic to others who do not hear well.  Jim is one of them.  I have to shout very loud when I am visiting him. 

My book suggests that I take note of my good qualities,  not so that I become conceited, but as my sense of worth grows my need for the approval of others will decrease.  It is important to see the good in others but also the good in myself.  I do wish I could be more helpful but I know the things I am not good at like painting or stripping wall paper or making decisions about flooring etc.
 
It was ghostly quiet as the day darkened and I turned on lights.  Dad and Haiti were both sleeping and Kim was not home yet.  I was pleased that the house looked tidier than it had in the morning.  I could sit and read in my favorite chair. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I feel very bad that I do not have more time to help Carol out. I am finding this chapter particularly indigestible and my mind keeps rejecting it. Randy has been home at night this week as well which has me out of my routine. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I think walking during the daylight is probably not a bad idea. You might meet other day-time walkers!

Love,

Rick