Tuesday, November 11, 2014

NEIGHBORHOODS

PB090688
PB090684
My walk down to Coyote Creek.

When we choose a place to move to we can pick our home and hopefully pick a good neighbors.  We live in a quiet area and I am thankful I can walk to the store or to the park or down to the Creek.  When we first moved in there was one house with a very noisy family that played loud music in their garage until the wee hours of the morning.  We were thankful when they left.

The hard work of writing, not only for myself but with the awareness others may read, has taught me that in life we all have similar challenges and in the challenge of faith there is no right or wrong way to do it, but for me there is my way I have chosen.  My friends have helped me find guidelines along with the Bible, the church and unwrapping traditions of the past and searching for new and deeper understandings about the future.

We  will all have a little uncertainty about our future.

We were fortunate that dad was able to manipulate his first posting to be at the Coast.  This made his job harder at first because he did not know landmarks in the area that pilots would refer to.  I missed the sunshine the first few years we were here.  I even missed the snow.  Not the freezing cold or boiling hot.  I fell in love with the mountains and the ocean and became at home here.

Yesterday dad finished his work in the yard and I cleaned house and even baked brownies for when Kim would arrive with Ben and Morgan.  There was soup for when Carol came and joined us after work. 

Today Kim and Carol are going to the bird sanctuary  and later coming here to celebrate Panteli's birthday.  Carol is providing supper and even though it is a small group we will have fun.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I am glad that my new neighbourhood is nice to walk in. I am off today but will not be joining the walk down at the bird sacturary as I have home work to do. We will be there for the birthday supper. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sounds like a good plan!
love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Walking is a good thing. Good exercise and, in bad weather, makes us appreciate our warm and cosy homes.

Love,

Rick

larry bennett said...

The thought and energy you put into your daily blog is inspirational !!

Your steadfastness in your own personal beliefs I believe is a blessing to all your offspring, and theirs, as well as others.

Love you for being you!


nancy-Lou said...

I second what Larry said...how wonderful to have such a supportive spouse. You sure do put a lot of thought and effort in to your daily blogs and your consistency is amazing...never missing a day! You bring a lot of pleasure to your followers, Beth and we thank-you.

Neighbourhoods and neighbours are such an important part of our life. I still think of my neighbourhood when I was a child and marvel at how well we all got along.
In those days it seemed as though we all saw each other a lot more often than these days.....some folks in the city don't even know their neighbours.

Living in a small community we know each other quite well...our neighbours across the street are aboriginal and have foster kids. when they first moved here we heard the odd comment or two, from people....but they are the best neighbours...if we are stuck in the drive way Murray is the first to come over and help.Their house is one of the best kept on the street...and their foster kids are a joy. I teach one of them and he is just the nicest and smartest kid!

I wish I could go for the walk in the bird sanctuary....just to far for me to come! It is cold here today and snow is on the way. Our view out the livingroom window will change from green grass to a white landscape for the next five months.. I do like winter..love to cross country ski and curl. We have a new curling rink and they are going to have stick curling for senios...yay!

Well have a wonderful birthday supper with your family and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANTELI

Love, Nancy