Sunday, November 30, 2014

LOST

PB290880
Lost in the wonder of the morning sky and do wish I could really capture the unusual glow.  Just a light snow fall that started about 8:30 last night.  The cold makes the sky brighter I think.
PB290882 Haiti is not sure she wants to go out in the cold.  I think the tiny little new buds must be shivering under the snow.  I know I feel the cold.  Time for long underwear and warm P.J.'s.

Lost in memories of past years.  Every year is different, and  than this one will be too.

Dad and I remember the trips back and forth to Edmonton, Calgary and Saskatoon in very cold winery weather.  I would feel tense and stress as we drove along icy roads with white black out.  Does that make sense?  Sometimes we could barely see the road with all the blowing snow!  I would start getting anxious thinking maybe we were lost.  Being lost in a blizzard is NO FUN.

Feeling a little lost in the hustle and bushel of holiday madness. 

I wrap a parcel to send to Australia and the charge to send it is exorbitant.  Have to try again.  I know I should or could do it on line but I get lost in that stuff too.  I think the children are never to young to start saving with their own bank accounts.

Got a new funny book to read called   "The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The rules"
By C. I. Sundbery.  It is going to prove to me you are never to old to break a few rules even if you end up in a nursing home using a walker.  I think I will take this to Bible study next meeting!

So I can get lost in a good book, in a bookstore and in a library.  Losing all sense of time!

Better yet is getting lost in the grace of unconditional love of Jesus.

2 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, I hate that feeling of driving in the winter and the snow starts to drive away all the light and all the world except for a very small (and shrinking) patch of the road in front of you, and then the road goes all white and all directions are the same: just white darkness.

On The Sunday Edition today Karen Armstrong said there are parts of the Koran that warn against those who think - like the Pharisees and the priests - that there must be a doctrinally pure way to do everything, and that argument and authority and hierarchy are entitled to enforce that pure way.

If this is true, then Islam is much like Christianity (and, perhaps, Judaism), with the key messages obliterated by scowling men with beards who think they know best.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick I would agree with Karen Armstrong and you. Politics have a lot to do with fighting as well as religion.
Dad and I did listen to her which is one good thing about not going to church. I saw her book at Chapters and I am sure the library will get it in. I have read her other books and she is an amazing historian of religion.
Stay warm and comfortable is you can. We are off to hear Stewart McLean. Great Fun.
love mom