Tuesday, November 25, 2014

DISCIPLINE

PB090682
Yes it is raining again and will be for a few more days.
Yes, we had the right place, date and time for dad to get his heart monitor strapped to his chest.  It took an hour and 15 minutes for me as I waited.  It is a blood clinic and a very busy and efficient place.  People of all races, sizes and colors came in.

I took some study reading for our  my  lesson with me and groaned when I read Paul's idea of judgement which was to dispel the wicket man from among you.  This is in his letter to the Corinthian Church.  A very corrupt group of believers.

I then went home and read the Van. Sun who described Jacob Tootoo a young Inuk hockey player who had become involved with a lifestyle that involved booze and women.  His hockey playing was affected and he was given an ultimatum to clean up or leave.  He agreed to enter a substance abuse program. 

He realized that it was an honor and a privilege to be playing in the NHL.  I believe that Paul, who sacrificed much in his life to witness and lead others to faith in Jesus,  also believed it was an honor and privilege and a blessing to be called a Christian.  People like to criticize Christians so it is important I try to live up to the lifestyle of Jesus.

As parents we know at times we have been called to discipline with tough love and it is not easy,

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I was just thinking the same thing when we were in Winnipeg....how wonderful to see people of all colours and sizes and shapes ....almost everyone who we encountered that day were from another country...doctor, hairdresser, insurance person. I especially love the bright colours and headdresses of the ladies from Africa. Canada is a wonderful melting pot of people.

Good gracious, how long does Larry have to wear that monitor? It would be very uncomfortable.

It is reading comments like the one you quoted of Paul, that really turns me off the bible. It is so outdated.....written for the times, I guess. I still believe in God and Christ, but the bible is leaving me cold. I don't know what I am...but still have faith.

Yes, we too, had to exercise "tough love" too....years ago. Our sons are in the early fifties now and certainly don't need it now LOL!

It is very cold here, minus 27 overnight tonight...must plug in the car! That is something you probably forgot about after all these years of living in Lotus Land! We have a city day tomorrow. The van is all loaded with emergency winter things....and the snow tires are on.

It is another great day, isn't it?

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I think the new parents are losing that knack of tough love. Even in the work place managers can be very soft and too easy on employees. Well, the apointment should be much faster today to just have it taken off.
Sandra
Oh, and I was talking to Tyler this morning, do you still have his snow boots?

Anonymous said...

Dad has just left on his bike. The rain is very light so I hope it stays that way. It will be a good test of his holter monitor.

I will look for the snow boots they were under the bed but are not now. I have no memory of putting them anywhere but things in that spare room do get moved around.

love mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.