Friday, January 16, 2015

A PROCESS

 
P1151435
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing  and right doing,
there is a field.  I’ll meet you there.
-Jelaluddin Rumi, 13 th century

Every day is a process.  Sunny today.

Visited  Gundy and Cathy is coming over this afternoon.

Religion is a process.

It may have been that early in our evolution we human beings were smarter than we are now because they believed
that there existence was at the mercy of forces beyond their control.  They felt that these forces had to be appeased by sacrifices.

They began to believe that there were people who should be in charge of these sacrifices.  This began the priestly and prophetic roles and then the temple became the sacred place.

Today there is still some who feel that there is the sacred and that there is the ordinary.  There is your home and there is God's house which is the church.

The temple was important because it points to a sacred and holy reality;  an unseen dimension.

This is part of a process to remind us of the spiritual value of our lives.  I am thankful that church for me has been a meaningful and joyous experience where I have met so many good friends.

I am thankful to be Me!

2 comments:

beth bennett said...

I think I have to re write this.

Anonymous said...

Ok , I will wait for the rewrite.
Ken