Monday, January 19, 2015

LIGHTING

P1181464
P1181465
P1181467At the beginning of the service a candle is lit and it is called the Christ Candle to remind us of the light that is shining into all our hearts all the time.

The little girl is Eve who has just turned 5 so born about the same time as Jasmine. 

They are having a hard time getting the candle lit and to get it to stay lit,

Finally Daniel the minister lends a hand and magically the light is produced.  This light reminds us to walk on the path of blessing, which blesses each one of us and everyone around us.  We go to a quiet church some say that is not lively enough; but I find that the silence is sacred and the main task calls us to be compassionate.


"..every child, every person needs to know that they are a source o blessing; every person, needs to be celebrated.  Only when all of our weakness are accepted as part of our humanity can our negative, broken self-images be transformed."
-  Jean Vanier

Yes, I realize I am confused when I cannot remember the way to drive home.  Yes, there are new roads but I have been that way several times already and should know it, but I do not.

I have found myself sitting on the stairs, because of a slight fall, when I should just walk down like everyone else.  These are just a few little signs like giving my wrong address that I am failing a little.  I do not want to worry my children because I know they do not need to worry yet, but I will let them know when.  I will  keep walking even if I wobble, and I enjoy my walks with Haiti.

P1171442
I have a hard time getting the black leotards Kim bought me for Christmas on me.  I think there must be a secret!
They are to keep me warm but I need an extra long sweater to wear with them.  Dad and I had a good laugh!

Dad went for a shorter bike ride after the exciting football game which did not look too exciting at first.

I am finding more and more we seem to live in a noisy world and I appreciate moments of calm and peace.

We have not made plans as yet for today.
.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

A very exciting end to the game, I was voting for Seatle but Randy was voting for the other team. Tried to work on the pictures but I just keep getting overwhelmed because Randy wants to have a plan.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Oh boy, you made me laugh again, Beth. The picture of you leaning trying to get those tights on right, was funny...as long as you didn't fall! I know I would have a devil of a time getting into tights too! Maybe try long johns instead.

Just like the candle that was hard to light....our hearts sometimes are hard to light too. or in some cases, re light. My faith is strong now, but my religion is not. Still seeking answers.....

Did I tell you I won a free home cleaning from Winnipeg's most popular home cleaning service. They are looking to expand to our area and offered a contest. Sooo they are coming tomorrow. It seems rather unsettling to have strangers in your home...but hey, a deluxe home cleaning is promised so I am "going for it". I don't often win things...so was very happy.

I admire your determination and strength in continuing with your walks....Beth. Carl, too is a little forgetful when it comes to remembering where to go when I am driving in the city. He will be 77 this year. I think his sleep apnea causes his memory problem. He should know the city well after being on the Winnipeg Police force as a staff sergeant....and he did, but now it is fading. I do the driving..although he still drives well.

As they say, getting older is "not for the faint of heart"! I am very thankful for my health so I can take care of him. Being 6 years younger helps too!

Anyway, don't worry about what you cannot help...just go with the flow!

Have you tried the paint set yet that Larry got for Christmas?

I am off to see my doctor for my annual physical, then it is tidying up the house for the cleaners. hahah
cleaning for the cleaners!

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra husbands can be difficult even though they are still fun to have around!

Nancy it will be amazing to come home to your cleanest home ever. Kim and I both clean but she has more strength and does it better.

I will take my cane this morning and hopefully will not need it long.
Enjoy your dads guys
no have not done the painting yet but. .. . .
love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Darn Candles!

Maybe it is time to stop driving if you sometimes can't remember the way home?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I thought it was spring? No need for ski pants on your walk . Melina had her hands full yesterday when Matthews friend came over and his sister. They played at the park and then came home for the baseball stuff.
Great game yesterday... Go Seattle ...only real Vancouverites cheer for the Seahawks.
ken