Wednesday, January 14, 2015

TEEN-AGE GRAMMY

P1061377
I think this is my least favorite time of the year.

The house looks bare and needs re-arranging and tuning up.

The garden looks very ugly and bare also.  I went out and did a bit of mucking about but it still feels chilly and some of it is just too hard.  I will be asking for help.  It is so easy for me to lose my balance now.

I am very thankful for your  comments that lift my spirits.    Yesterday I started cleaning out cupboards with a ruthless intention looking for dad's expensive camera, and finally get a big black bag filled and ready  to put it into the car and the whole both falls out.  The good news is that dad had left the camera at Carol's house.

Dad had a good bike ride and met Carol for coffee.

I listened to the program on the teen-age brain and boy it sounds just like mine.  I do things impulsively without thinking.  I have poor judgment and risk control.  I climb on chairs to stretch and stretch to reach things.  I pick up objects far to heavy for me and wonder why my back aches.  I am sure my wires have lost a lot of their insulation and my synapse are not well connected to the frontal lobes.  I am easily confused and find impulses hard to control.  I am addicted to sugar and have to have some every day.  I do try to eat good things but today I have eaten a lot of cookies (I made) which is not good for me.  Today will be a better day.  Off to Bible study.  Should be funny we are taking about sex as Paul thought it should be.


I am thankful I do have a female brain.  The best kind!

Our good friend Vera has fractured her pelvis and is now in a wheel-chair but fortunately they were in a nice Senor's home where meals are provided.  I wonder is she is getting any nursing care as Leah is still working part time.  There were plans for a birthday party for her today as she has just turned 90.

I will now use mind over matter and collect a few bonks to( I think that was suppose to be books)to take over to Vera.  That dad and I did and she is in good spirits and not too much pain.  She had a nasty fall.

Laughter and smiles are essential spiritual factors in a joyous life!! 

Laughter chases the darkness away and allows sunlight to fill your heart.  -Maya Angelou

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Hmm, I wonder if dogs brains age like people brains. Peanut and Lucy are pretty grumpy with each other this morning.

And I hope seeing Vera made you think twice about climbing and reaching.

Off to walk, it is minus 1 this morning, brrr.

Sandra

Shandel said...

haha -1 here too and Cameron Daisy and i think its nice and warm! lol

Anonymous said...

So much news. I have a teenage grandma brain too.

Anonymous said...

I think the previous comment is from my lovely wife Carol. I'm stuck in toddler-brain. Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Our brains are very mysterious in how they work. One of my FB friends had brain surgery for a tumor and he put pictures on of the operation...utterly fascinating! They stimulated a part part of his brain with electrodes to see where he still some of the senses in that area.

He is struggling with brain cancer, poor fellow. A creative jeweler.

We lost our wonderful aboriginal neighbour, Murray Bruyere a couple of days ago to pancreatic cancer....he went in 6 weeks. He was such a super foster dad. I will miss his cheery voice playing with his kids.

There are so many folks who are depressed at this time of year. But I heard on the news that we are half way through winter...yay.....but being shut in doors is not good for anyone. Hopefully our cold weather will lift and we can get out for walks.

You are wise not to risk getting hurt climbing on chairs etc when your balance is poor. Just take 'er cool as the young folks say!

I went out to feed the birds early this morning and seven female deer came out of the bush...they were covered in snow...must have been sleeping, waiting for me to come out. They know my schedule. I took some pics of them.....some will eat our of my hand, they are so tame. We stopped feeding them years ago...but they eat the seeds that fall on the ground. It is illegal to feed the deer and they attract predators to our area, lots of them.

Have a good day Beth,

love Nancy

Anonymous said...

We have only two kitten left .the weather here is ok. Not too hot.
Ken