Monday, January 26, 2015

HILARIOUS

P1251512
The words in the bulletin reminds us we come into a place of knowing the spirit that gives life and gives us laughter.  A Sacred Laughter.

Dad and  actually made it to church on time the main reason being I had been asked to light the Christ candle.  I thought I might have some problem with it but it went fine.

The minister had us telling jokes in church.  I told how my daughter thought I was too old to get Alzheimer's or as I say Alzh timers I thought it was very funny when she said that and I do wish and hope that it is true. it were true.  We all need to laugh more as laughter is very healing.

The reading from scripture was from Jonah and the big fish that swallowed him.  Sounds like a big fishy tale to me too.  We all know what fishermen are like.  The writer was making the point one cannot escape from God even when you are running away in a different direction.  Sometimes stories that exaggerate do make a point!

Haiti is now back doing her hilarious tricks when she races around the kitchen in the morning ready for her walk with Kim.  She quivers with excitement and jumps all over when family she knows comes to the door.  Kim is best at controlling her as I am afraid dad and I often just laugh.
 
P1251513It was a lovely warm spring day and makes me think of things I want to plant.  I did a bit of cleaning up around the yard while dad put a second coat of paint on the bathroom.  He does seem to like having a project,
 
P1241491  I love to see the little brilliant green buds poking their heads up as I push aside the dry twigs.  Jokes come in many forms in dogs and stories, in flowers and in children when asked to smile make funny faces. Children love to make funny faces!

 Dad and I go to the cancer clinic this afternoon to talk about the P.S.A. going higher.  I cherish the moments of laughter as life can get very serious at times.  I think it is important as we get older to laugh often with a good belly laugh!

Give a smile away and you will usually get one in return.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I did not get out into the yard yesterday, instead I had to do my reading for this week (with a bit of napping).

But it sure feels like winter is over out there. Lets hope we do not get a late winter storm.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra I was sure you would be out in your garden.

I am trying to plan a day of just reading which should be easy but it ain't.

I will take my book to the doctors

Gloomy and foggy here,

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Your talk of spring just makes me want to be out in Parksville again. We had so many good winters there. We usually rented a house for two months. The walks through Rathtrevor Park were so wonderful.

The story about Jonah is a good example of a good example of how to interpret the bible, Beth.

Our dogs do the same thing...rush at people who come to the door. I have to put them in a bedroom before I start to teach piano. I cannot seem to break them of this bad habit.

I hope the news at the cancer clinic is good for Larry. I am sure it is always a worry for you both.

I am off to see my doctor at the clinic on the reserve today...just an annual checkup. I am fine. It is so convenient to have a doctor about a 20 minute drive away. There is a pharmacy there too and the prices are cheaper. The highways are icy so will take my time.

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Nancy