Tuesday, January 20, 2015

STILLNESS


P1171452I like to walk early when it is still and quiet.  I am taking my cane for a few days until I feel more stable again.  I may have had another slight T.I.A..  It was a beautiful day dad had a good bike ride and cleaned up the garage.  I did laundry etc.

Then we set out to see Jane and Geof, first stopping at Chapters to spend my Christmas money.  I bought two more books on the brain as I want to keep learning more.

Enjoyed our visit with Jane and Geof.  There place has a big balcony with a view of sky and mountains.  They are feeling more comfortable there but Jane does miss her friends and activities here.  I certainly miss her she has been my best friend for years.

Sadly I broke my dental implant while I was there so that is depressing.  I look awful without it.  We have Carol coming today and promised to visit our neighbor Ken.  I think he would like Carol to see his new renovations so that would work out fine.

So please to see a brand new step stool and the tools of dad returned when we got home.  Thanks Panteli.

Saturday night the wind was blowing some thing frieze against the house and I could hear strange things bumping and banging.  So as I lay there I tried to picture what the noises could be.  Branches of trees for sure and maybe the odd shingle off the roof.  Lids off the garbage cans releasing some of the contents.  Then I had a picture of the Orange cat go flying by with its hair sticking straight up. Followed by a squirrel  hanging on to a bird feeder, and maybe a flying elephant or two. During the day there would be umbrellas, and hats and scarfs, and balls and clothes from the clothes lines, a h wig and a toupee and oh no my false teeth!  (this is a nightmare) .  

A great night for the Flying Nun!  I figure when I get to heaven I will not be able to be an angel but just maybe a flying nun.
 
Your mind can just get carried away at times. 

By morning all was still except for one older lady walking down the rainy street with her umbrella quite safe.  Other than having to hunt around for our garbage pails everything looked fine.

So off to the dentist first thing!

I was reminded the love and care and compassion we show to others is our love for Jesus in action.!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, I hope you dreamed a happy landing for the orange cat and the squirrel.

Sorry to hear you are off to the dentist.

A new co-worker invited me to join her walking group. It is mostly in the fraser valley but I might make it out some weekends when Randy is working.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I can now become a bag lady or maybe a Muslim and cover up my face. I always though those head garbs had advantages.

Carol is dropping by and we are suppose to visit our neighbor but \I will be visiting the dentist first thing.

love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

A minor TIA? Shouldn't that be discussed with your doctor or the hospital?

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

I agree with Rick....think you should see your doctor, Beth. It is best to have things checked out. Maybe they can prevent another one happening.

I am glad to hear that you had a good visit with Jane and Geoff.....you must have been friends for many years.

Now that was quite a nightmare...squirrels and cats flying through the air...you almost outdid Carl with your wild dream! Did you ever sleep walk, Beth? Carl used to when he was young and so did our son Mark. I think people who have vivid imaginations tend to sleep walk too.

We had the house cleaned from top to bottom by the Cottages and Castles home cleaning company...the free cleaning I won. The lady did an excellent job...and the best part was she was from Newfoundland. Her accent and her use of words was so much fun! I am sure she thinks we have a funny accent too!

I am working on a presentation for an art gallery in Winnipeg and getting flustered at the photos I am trying to upload...I think they are stuck....it is maddening isn't it Beth! grrrrr

That is not the best of ways to start the day....visiting the dentist. I hope it all went well and it is easy to fix.

We had about an inch of freezing rain today as a "warm" front moved through. We started out to the nearest town with all three dogs, because we wanted to get out of the way of the cleaners....but turned around and came home, I didn't want to risk it with the dogs.

Well time to make dinner,

have a nice evening.
Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hot and humid here. Possible thunderstorm this afternoon so that should make work fun. Last of my late shifts today.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Good that is the last of your late shifts Ken. Must be hard to sleep when it is so hot.
Did you get a new pump?
Doctors are no good as far as knowing you have had a
TIA unless you get an cat scan while it is happening
I have a plan but right now dad is a bit of a worry. See the doctor next Monday. Also Haiti is at the vets.
love mom











a