Monday, January 5, 2015

FAITH AND PRAYER

P1041355

Prayer is the energy that connects me to God.  It is like this small stream at Carol and Panteli’s that
that one can barely see as you drive across the road but it is there.  I cannot see God but I know he is there.  Call him she if you prefer.  Wisdom is "she" in scripture!
 .P1041345
Dad drives me over to the park so Haiti and I can walk around.  The quiet little snow flakes fall all around us.  We are the only ones there.
P1041350
Carol tired and worn out is finally in her new home.  Panteli is back getting more stuff.
P1041352
A little start for their garden.  We take her out for a bowl of soup.  She is working on the kitchen.  Lots of empty boxes around.  A good time to give away or throw away anything you have not used for years.  I am trying to do more of that.  Books are my stumbling blocks.
PC010946
Signs of spring. 


Came home from Carol’s and had a rest and a phone call from Ken.  A surprise because he was at work. 

Tyler and Aislinn in Jasper.

Kim home from Seattle and out in the rain playing soccer.

I am sure I have bronchitis which may hang around for awhile, or in may be gone to-morrow!

"If one has courage combined with wisdom nothing can dim the light which shines from within."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are finally in the house. sorry I missed you guys yesterday. I was packing the last dribs and drabs from the apartment and we have until Thursday to clean it out, luckily because I start teaching today. xo Panteli

Sandra said...

I noticed the pussy willows on my walk yesterday too. Back to work today, and back to exersize class.
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, maybe you should see your doctor if you have bronchitis...it could be a secondary infection and you will need an a antibiotic. My bronchitis turned in to bronchial pneumonia....a strep infection.
I hope you feel better really soon.

I am so glad you were able to go for a walk in the park with Haiti.....just getting outdoors makes one feel so much better. I took Bella and Max for a short walk yesterday, but Bella started coughing from the cold air and we had to return. It really was too cold for them, -25...but they begged to go. Bella is shaved on her belly and butt...the vet had to do that...so she is bare. I am making her a coat that covers her. crocheting it and lining it with fleece. I will walk by myself, but take bear guard along because of all the cougar sightings in the beach. A female with a kit. I don't worry about meeting bears or wolves or coyotes..and have met all...but a cougar is a stealth animal and one doesn't have much chance if attacked. We have a high deer population due to all the nutty people who feed them...and along with the deer, come the predators. The loss of natural habitat, due to development of subdivisions has disturbed the wildlife, too. We never used to have deer in the beach. It is against the law to feed the deer, but natural resources turns a blind eye.

Sorry for the diatribe, but I am passionate about nature!

What a pretty plant you gave the new homeowners. So glad Carol and Panteli are all settled in now.

Take care, Beth,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy what an adventure you have just going for a walk. I do not even meet a mouse!
Going for a short one today and hope to gradually increase it.
love beth

Anonymous said...

nice to have a sleep in today. Warm but not hot here. 27c. Officially my birthday today. LOL .
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

Bronchitis? Oh dear.

I have shoveled about 12 tons of snow off the very long driveway.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

I am confused about your birthday Ken.

Happy Birthday!

love mom