Friday, January 23, 2015

THE WEEK THAT WAS!

P1171449
Tranquillity

There actually were a few tranquil moments.

I am sure there will never be another week just like this one and or that I am gratefully.

I was just going to turn in our driveway after visiting at the Home.  Kim and Haiti arrived at the same time.  Haiti was so happy to see us all and be home but she looked exhausted.  She may have eaten something that was harmful or even got a piece of plastic stuck in her stomach no one is quite sure.  She has some pills and some new dog food and was soon curled up in her own bed fast to sleep.

I had my final appointment at the dentist and it was longer than expected.  Then dad and I went over to the Green Lettuce for a relaxing supper.  The music they play there is so peaceful and I really enjoyed it.

Dad cut his hand re fixing the bathroom tile which I think was unnecessary, consequently could not handle handling the bike.  A very deep nasty cut.

I am tired and the house is a mess but all is well!  !

Education is the best provision for the journey to old age.
-Aristotle.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Where is the photo proof of this happy Haiti?
Those emotional weeks can certainly be the most draining.
First aid training for me next week, I always find that very tiring.

nancy-Lou said...

Glad to hear that Haiti is going to be OK and you, Beth are finished with the dentist. Sorry to hear about Larry cutting his hand...anything to do with the hand is painful because of all the nerves we have in them.

A word about dog parks....you probably know that some sicko people will put poisons in things, like pieces of meat...or sharp pieces of glass or wire.
In Winnipeg there has been quite a few instances of small dogs been badly injured by large dogs who attacked them. This week a poor little dog was killed by a large dog....the vets are telling people to avoid the dog parks.
We are having a shinook that has reached Manitoba...with almost a week of above normal temps. Last night the overnight temp never went below freezing.It is nice for our sons who are building a new cottage in VB.

I hope you are all over the "troubles" and things will get much better.

Love, Nancy