Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A LONG ROAD

DSCN2036
DSCN2035
Too bad no one is at home.  Should have told Nancy we were stopping by.  Is this the right place?  It must look very different right now with lots of white snow.

DSCN2021
So back to my cold morning ramble.  Very frosty and slippery.
 
I meet my Japanese friend and she warns me of the icy road by talking and pointing.  I show her my new shoes with the good grip.



DSCN2029
The sun is starting to make an appearance.


Came home and dad had turned  on the Australian radio station;  Tasmania colder than normal and it is summer there.
The weather seems to be crazy everywhere.

Next thing I hear is country music and it is snowing outside.  What?  I rush to the window and then realize it is a Saskatoon station.  I never know what station I am listening to.

In the mail we get a card from Sri Lanka with a Happy New Years greeting.
"Let the New Year be a new beginning.  A spring time where the sunlight embraces and warms your heart and makes you smile throughout the year. . ."

 Happy Birthday to Jasmine.  W e love hearing her voice on the phone although we may not catch every word.  Did she receive her card?  Did her daddy get his card?

Dad and I are visiting Howard and Vera today so a good day to get the crock pot out.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jasmines birthday is 11th of Jan . no no card as yet. yes its freezing here. top of 18c I think , BUT IN THE HIGH 40'S NORTH OF HERE. Should be in the
40s here next week.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Dad gave me the wrong information. but I should have checked for myself.

We are expecting rain here but nothing unusual about that.

Your card should have gotten there by now.

Love mom

Sandra said...

Nothing but football on in our house these days. I got to use my gift card and buy some new books so I am happy. Lots more traffic on the new road now, but my time is still half of what it use to be. Once they fix the turn to get onto 104th it will be perfect. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

That picture of the road to Nancy's doesn't look like my road! Mine is covered with high snow banks along the side and ice on the road! Can't be mine! LOL. It would be great though, if you dropped in for a visit!

Everything here seems to have come to a standstill, with the prolonged cold weather...very few cars go by...and we live across from the post office. Everyone seems to be hibernating. There is a reprieve coming, but comes with snow.

Beth, how are you coping with Celiac Disease...is it under control? Sometimes I get frustrated with the diet and just want to eat everything with gluten, but quickly remember the consequences.

Have a good day visiting,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy I feel like that too and Christmas is a difficult time.
I did eat a bit of Christmas cake and did suffer for it all night.
There is so much more available here so that is good. We have one store where everything is tagged that is gluten-free.
I wish I had more energy but consider myself fortunate to be as healthy as I am.
I always have to have something around that will help me if I am tempted.
Larry took that picture from google earth so we thought this may be your place.
Yes wish we could have a real visit it would be fun.
love beth

craig decraene said...

Thank you very much for the birthday card, got it yesterday

Anonymous said...

Got my birthday card today as well. Thanks mom and dad.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Were the google earth pictures of Ateah RD? I didn't recognize them....check out 24 Ateah Rd....that is our house. We live on land that was part of the Old Ateah homestead. My husband's grandparents, immigrated in the year 1898, from Lebanon. Our sons live on the land too...each about a 5 minute walk away.There are 15 houses on the land...mostly all relatives.

beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy dad and I were learning with Ben as he was searching for family immigrants.

No we were on the wrong road but it all lots beautiful in the summer pictures.
love beth