Friday, January 17, 2014

ABSENT MINDED

Life is like a stream that flows along with some very happy moments but even then there can be dangerous unseen currents. -  Elizabeth Strout.  (pretend there is a picture of a stream flowing ovewr rocks)  Yes the picture disappeared! 

On Wed. dad and I arrived at Jane and Geof's thinking the other had brought the tray of goodies for tea.  I knew that when I left there had been nothing on the counter so imagined dad had picked it up and was in the car already.   It was still missing when we returned home and I looked everywhere.

 Going out the front door, in the dark to put the garbage out, there it was sitting on the little outdoor table.  I have no idea how it got there but I guess I must have taken it and  then went back into the house for some reason and forgotten it.  It really worries me when things like this happen.  I like to think I am just absent-minded.

We left their home saddened by the thought we would not be having many more visits there.

Dad had a very good day today as he was able to get his computer fixed and is enjoying his new Galaxy Tab 3.  The drive down to White Rock was a drive into the fog, which caused many accidents.  The fog returned again by evening.

I had my walk as usual and then did a bit in the garden.  Dad went for a bike ride while I visited at the Seniors home.  I came home to continue to read about the life of Alice Herz-Sommer.  I have some quotes I will take with me next week.

Dad talked to Ken as he was going to the doctor after work and he said he (you Ken) did not sound good.  I think you must take better care of yourself.  The pool is a great idea and we loved seeing the video! 

"Only when we are old do we realize the beauty of life."  (I am not quite there yet.)

"I am so old because I use my brain constantly."   -Alice Herz-Sommer.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

How come Kenny went to the doctor? Well, no point in worrying about what you can not change. It sounds more like a case of assumption rather than being forgetful. Dr Pattersons office called yesterday to offer me the appointment today, she said the time, I said sure. Hung up the phone and went to write down the time and could not remember. I am just hoping I am close when I go today.MY excuse is I was busy and had my mind on my work. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I saw the Dr about a sore toe. The same one I had the nail cut last year.seems it's just an infection. But still very tender to the touch. Cool change came through about 7pm. There was so much built up heat that it will take days to cool off.l lots of fires around melbourne and at least one big one still going.
Ken