Saturday, January 18, 2014

FIRES

DSCN2063
The traffic driving into Vancouver was very light when dad and I drove in to get his eye drops due probably to the fog,

Then when we got home watching the fires in Australia and realizing how close they are to Melina and Ken was shocking.  What with the heat wave they have been having and all the smoke  in the air a little bit of fog is nothing to complain about.  Thankfully it is cooler now.  The smell of smoke is awful.  Dad is putting our smoke alarms up today,

Dad got in trouble at the Safeway Store when he took his basket way over the count to a quickie till.  The check-out girl was annoyed at him and so was the big line up forming behind him.  He tried to be quick when he was paying and of course he was slower because they had changed their machines.

Sandra dropped by after being at the dentist for over an hour.  She made herself a sandwich  because I was too slow and she was too hungry.
We took a quick trip over to see the book cases at Jane’s house.  Sandra needs some book cases and she wants to get rid of some.

Then we tried to go on skype but could not find our account.  Really felt bad as it would have been great to see Simone in her little chair at the table.  I will nag dad to get this fixed so we can find it when we want it. 

Life can seem like a roller coaster as it has its ups and downs.  Did not sleep well thinking about fires and thinking I smell smoke! 

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I will put my Skype account info in my phone so we can sign on with mine as well. Mary and Simone were waiting for me thinking I was going right home but I had to stop at the grocery store. Maybe tomorrow. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Too bad that you guys missed Simone! Yes, I am happy to take a birthday card to Carol when I go to Cayman's. Will be booking my flight soon. My classes are in richmond and Langley this semester, but I have meetings in Surrey occasionally. I'll give you a call on Friday next week when I'm in Surrey next. xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Life sure is a roller coaster. Is your pic of the bridge the new Port Mann? We haven't been to Vancouver for 4 years. They were building the new span the last time we were there.

We had to put our little dog to sleep on Tuesday...broke my heart. He was so sick. I miss the warm little body cuddled up to me in my chair.

It is going to get a lot colder again....for a prolonged time...the Arctic Vortex is returning to the prairies. No outdoor walking again.

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

That is the Alex Fraser Bridge built when the World fair was here.
About 1986.
I did not realize that it has been so long since you were here.
Another cold and foggy day here
I had a lot to do in side and out so did not go for a walk.
So sorry about your little doggie.
We may look after Haiti if Kim goes to the Grand Cayman.
I soon get use to having her around and we laugh at her wanting to chase the squirrels.
love Beth

Anonymous said...

Much cooler here . We went and played tennis until dark. Matthew and Jesse had new rackets . We may join the tennis club, $140 a year . Six great courts. Day off today , will watch the Flames destroy the hopeless Canucks.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Hey, since the Canucks are hopeless...you could cheer for the Jets! They have won three games in a row and that is such an improvement.The coaching change is a good one. Just hope it continues!

Are you watching the Continental Cup of curling in Las Vegas? We are enjoying it...today will be a fight, as the NFL playoffs are on. Jut teasing about the fight....I will watch curling upstairs.

I do worry about you, my friend, walking in the early morning...but I see where you really enjoy walking at the time of day. I know you are careful and have a light and vest etc.

Is the Alex Fraser Bridge over the Fraser River?

I am sure you will enjoy Haiti, if Kim goes to visit her Mom. I love having a dog...and am looking at another rescue. A littl Maltipoo who looks a lot like Dinty and he is at the same rescue I got Dinty from, Prairie Paws Rescue, Jamestown North Dakota. It is about a 6 hour drive one way.
Keep tuned!

Have a nice Sunday. Love Nancy