Friday, January 10, 2014

TRAVELLERS

DSCN2019
I am thankful for any little light that is shining in the gloomy mornings as I travel on my daily walk.

I was just thinking about all the travelling my children and grandchildren have done.  Yes, we did some but never over to Europe etc.

Dad and I are thankful that we made several trips to Australia
but it is doubtful we will go again.  We had a beautiful trip driving from Montreal to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and home by way of  Main back to Montreal.  We made a special trip to the Dominican Republic in our own airplane.  That was exciting.

And we have made a trip to Hawaii but the trip home was very painful for dad's feet. 

We use to drive to Calgary and Edmonton and Saskatoon stopping off at Ashcroft to see family there.  I am thankful we did those trips while we could.  I am thinking our travelling days are over the way we feel right now.

We are amazed at all the travelling our family has done and is doing now.  Rick is just back from England and we would  have loved  to go there too.  Carol is in the Grand Cayman and keeps asking us to go there but it is very doubtful.  Others have travelled to Australia, China. London, France and Holland, Mexico, or the Bahamas. etc.

 I know I will be doing most of my travelling through books now.

I think that what we are learning now is that life is beautiful right where we are if we take time to enjoy the little things.  Yesterday  was a bit of a grin and bear it day but today looks promising.

We are off to the library!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Randy and I are talking about Hawiia this year. But then part of me would rather just spend the money on building my garden. Well, for Randy there is no indecision. It has been very gloomy lately. I have seen a few glimpse of lighter sky through the clouds on my walk in the morning though, so spring can not be too far away. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Indecision is hard.

No walk today instead went back to bed.

Will feel better soon just need a bit of rest.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

I hope you feel better Beth...sometimes we just run out of energy, don't we?

The news was not good about Dinty. He is in the final stage of kidney failure. Stage 4. We have to face euthanising him, soon. I don't know how our vet missed it...with all the symptoms and 4 vet visits in 6 months...but he did. Another vet diagnosed him yesterday. We are devastated..he was our little rescue, almost 2 years ago and the sweetest of dogs. I need to find strength and courage..to get through the next few days.
Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Jasmine. I had a big day yesterday, golf at 8am , very windy and 33c heat. Then off to watermark for Jasmine birthday party. Melina got up early and baked focaccia for the party. We also had a BBQ there . Needless to say we were both exhausted by 10pm. We get a reprieve from the heat today , only 26 then Monday the real heat starts high 30's to low 40's for the next week.Jesse wants to go to the australian open on Tuesday , 41c..... Not a great idea . We will try and make to a move " frozen " today ,then home for pizza and a birthday cake. Ken

beth bennett said...

Sounds like Jasmine had a good birthday. Yes, birthdays are exhausting. Give her our love we did send a card.
love mom

beth bennett said...

Dear Nancy
So sorry to hear your bad news. Our pets become our family don't they.

A very sad time for your family. I will keep you in my thoughts.
love beth

Anonymous said...

Sorry , card came yesterday.thanks Mom and Dad
Ken