Friday, January 31, 2014

DAY AND NIGHT

DSCN2165
Yes dad seems a bit better and hopefully continues to improve.  He had a quiet day today while I went visiting at the nursing home.  Jim was so very grumpy and said he did not want a visit but then he comes down to the front door to say good-bye to me.

His daughter, with no license took him to the bank and the tire on the old car blew off and they had to drive on the rim.  It was stressful for him.  He still has a bad cold as a lot of them so right now so I do not want to get to close to catch anything.           This was our walk on Tuesday about 10 in the morning.  We are trailing behind these two ladies.  Yes it was raining lightly, and very dul


DSCN2168
                                                 
  More rain as we go home.


DSCN2176

Coming down with the sniffles I think I got at the hospital.  I was beside a lady coughing all over me when I was eating my salad. Yuk!  A good place to catch germs I think.  I did talk to some very kind and caring people patients as well as nurses.  Dad got excellent care.

I am amazed at all the many beautiful and talented souls there are in this world.  True friends believe in each other and lift us up.  Your comments really do help encourage me and we all need encouragement at times.

I cannot wait to go to Sandra's house and search for dirt but I am afraid it will be well hidden.

This last picture was from my early morning walk before dad was awake.  A sea of umbrellas.

When I go visiting I share what I am learning and what I have experienced and find that others had similar experiences. So many stories.

"Love yourself and treat others with the same love. 
We deserve the love we give to others."-unknown

There are many questions  cannot answer especially when it comes to good and evil.  I can only try to live my life by being loving and authentic and admitting I make mistakes but I will continue to look for beauty and good in others, Christian or not!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

I am talking about the dirt in plane sight, my new dirt at the front of the house. I am off to White Rock to visit that new widow and then will drop by, sometime around 3-4 if you guys are around. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Glad Grandpa is feeling better. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Sandra's on Sunday!

beth bennett said...

Yes we will probably be home we are not travelling much, glad you clarified that. love mom

Shawna said...

Hi Grandma! I am glad that Grandpa is feeling better and that he got some much needed rest! I really enjoyed our conversation yesterday and realized that we should do it more often!! I always love to see your pictures even if sometimes they are blurry! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Last early shift today ( 3am start ) then 3weeks off ...yippee.
Melina left me and went to feed the bird at Nona's house ( she is at Felica's house as she recovers from kidney stone surgery ) and i was so sound asleep I didnt wake as they returned . Matthew got the kitten's legs stuck in a fire truck.... dont ask me how ??? But he thought he had killed it , with the kitten screaming , matthew and Jasmine screaming and Melina screaming that the kitten was dying , i went in a pulled his legs out as the kitten bit me and mommy cat looking on about to attack me as well. The kitten was fine in the end just a little sore . That was our excitment for the night. Matthew still enjoying school , and parents have been instructed to drop the kids off and not walk them into the school so they can learn independance.
Hot one today and Tomorrow... 37c 41c. ken

beth bennett said...

Yes I have noticed my pictures are blurry and if I do not notice dad tells me.
Yes Shawna enjoyed out talk.

Ken that was a great way to wake up but could you could come to the rescue.

I had to take a few stitches out of dad's arm and I nearly fainted!

love mom

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't have any trouble finding dirt at my place!

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Good grief. no wonder cranky pants Jim, was even crankier! The tire blowing and having to travel on a rim! Having a cold too...well at least he came to say good bye! So glad Larry is doing better...prednisone is a wonder drug, but not a good one to take for long. Carl is on 5 mg daily probably for the rest of his life...he does get grumpy sometimes too, just like Jim! it is for his RA. We are leaving for Minneapolis on Monday to pick up our two new little dogs. Driving...it is about700 kms one way. Getting really excited to see them. Love Nancy