Monday, January 6, 2014

EMOTIONAL WELL BEING.

DSCN1965
I start with this picture of a crooked little tea pot which made me smile and I think a sense of humor is one of the most important things we can do,  laughter is good medicine
                                                     Enjoying the little things in life.

DSCN1971
Walking on my walk in a safer environment and at a bit later time
DSCN1977
Enjoying the calmness and the beauty.
 Enjoying the beauty of my surroundings whether it be outdoors or in a church.  Both can bring a sense of peace and inner serenity!  This is the beginning of happiness.

'After forty years of research social scientists attribute happiness to three major sources, genes, events and values.    -National Post, Thursday 2.    Even when we have wonderful times of achievement and great joy these do not last. 
It turns out that choosing to  pursue four basic values of faith, family and friendship along with community and work is the surest path to happiness.  For me that strengthens my belief in the value of faith and life as a spiritual journey. 

"Work can bring happiness by marrying our passions to our skills and give meaning to our lives."

"Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money;
it lies  in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort."   -Franklin D. Roosevelt

I was taught if you are going to do a job do it well!

"To pursue the happiness within our reach, we do best to pour ourselves into faith, family, community and meaningful work.  To share happiness, we need to fight for free enterprise, and strive to make its blessings accessible to all"  National Post

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Is it just me or was your writing kind of jumping around? I am glad I walk with my 2 big black dogs, but I still have moments when I go through a walkway between houses where I walk a bit faster. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I think Sandra needs a "big stick" too Beth! Especially walking early....when not many are around, before work.
Glad to hear that you are walking a little later when it is safer Beth.
Now if it were here...there is nothing to worry about except wild life and they usually skedaddle away. It is tooo cold to walk now...but hopefully warming towards the weekend and I can get outdoors.
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

I suppose I was jumping around but with the same theme in mind. And it was too long.

I only met one person today.

love mom