Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ENDEAVOR

Dad and I walked in the park.
 
P1130329

“That which benefits us, embosomed beauty and wonder as we are, cheerfulness and courage,
and the endeavor  to realize our aspirations.
Shall not the heart which has received so much, trust the Power by which it lives?
May it, not quit other leadings, and listen to the Soul that has guided it so gently, and taught it so much, secure that the future will be worthy of the past?”
Ralph Waldo Emerson   


 Yes we went and had another walk in the forest but the water had already slowed so the picture was disappointing. down The walk did us good any way which was the important thing. The heavy rainfall has made some huge ponds surrounded by yucky mud.  We went down to the dog park as we call it but no one was there.  We are so fortunate to have such a quiet forest to walk in.

Afterwards I went and had a visit with Gundy.  It has been awhile so we had a good talk, well she does a lot of the talking but that is okay.

Dad endeavored to clean the oven which is not used that much but seems to get dirty anyway.  A job I have always hated.

After supper we watched the tennis and a bit of hockey.  It made me hot just watching it.  We did not see any sign of you Ken, but your match came on very late here for us oldies.

Off to the dentist on Tuesday.
P1130338

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It was nice to not have the rain for my walks and drive to and from work. Trying to get my mornings back onto a schedule so I can fit my yoga in. If I could make my lunch at night it would help, but I am too tired (lazy) to do that. Yes, it is too hot in Australia, I would not be out playing tennis that is for sure. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Still hot for another three days , respite by Saturday. Reports that we were seen on TV by some friends . The top row .... Not great seats , but an ok view.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Sorry we missed it.
Dad is watching tennis now.