Tuesday, January 28, 2014

WHICH ONE?

DSCN2110
DSCN2155

Which one?  The forest or the pond So I did not go to the little pond at Boundary park
but instesd
Dad and I choose to walk in the forest together.  It was raining lightly but the air is so fresh it is amazing.  Everything was fine until we were leaving and dad had a pain in his upper back, which he thought may be a pulled muscle.

Came home and took a pain pill and I tried hot and cold.  Eventually he went to bed and had a sleep.

I phoned Vera and told her we would not be coming over and of course she understood.

Now he thinks it may be kidney stones and it would be a relief if we had a medical opinion but he says no.  I am making him drink lots and he is not doing as much as I would like.

I guess it is just a matter of waiting for it to get better or worse,  I went to the Health food store and he suggested the doctor and I phoned the nurse hot line and was put on hold but they suggested a ambulance which I will do if it gets worse which it probably will at 2 in the morning.

Had a chat with Stephen for his birthday and it is pretty cold there,  Homeward bound to-morrow.

DSCN1162P8312401Who is happy her picture won a prize?  I hope this is the right picture.

I continue to try and make sense out of life and to live as well as possible but there always seems to be questions.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This is what you get up to when I don't read the blog for a day! I will hope that tomorrow morning brings better news and dad is able to sleep tonight. Busy at work and the woman who's husband died has asked if I would drop by for a visit so I am going to go on Friday. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Oh, oh, I do hope Larry feels better.....that does not sound very good though! Men are so stubborn when it comes to doctors.
I am glad that you are walking with Larry, not alone early in the morning Beth. I do worry about you.

I am adopting two little rescue dogs from a rescue in Minneapolis. We will drive down to pick them up...maybe next week. They need some vetting done first. Soo excited. They are a brother and sister..poodle shnauzer crosses and really cute... 6 years old.

Your pictures are so green...we are devoid of all colour here, except white and more white! I love those soft misty days at the coast.

I hope you both have a good night and Larry feels better.

Love to you both,
Nancy