Saturday, January 25, 2014

SILENCE

DSCN2119DSCN2116
Dad and I went into the forest together to enjoy a walk in the quiet fresh air.  We got started on the wrong foot  and it was my fault.  I felt badly about it because I gone out the front door as he was getting his shoe on for our walk and I said I will meet you by the car thinking he would remember I had been talking about mailing my letters first.  I quickly ran over to the post office but not before he came out and found me missing. He looked in the house and all around but  I was no where around.  He panicked   not knowing where I had disappeared to.  The visit by the police woman the night  before did not help.   Sorry Dad. 

Sorry I did not mean to worry you.
We are both looking at people suspiciously.

Breathing the fresh air and walking through the winding paths  helped to calm us both,  I am always happy taking pictures.  It was good of Panteli to drop by and Skype Carol for us.  We plan to get ours working soon.  It seems like things are going well for her and she was looking forward to a visit with her dog Jem who now has a home with a loving owner.

I have found if I do not sleep well my brain just not work well  or if I  am in pain.  I had a very annoying time trying to find if Shirley was in hospital or a home.  All I wanted to do was send a card.  Her daughter has been most unhelpful and after trying different lines at the hospital I talked to a human who put me in touch with the kitchen.  Believe it or not they were not helpful but they could tell me what was for lunch!

I believe that God dwells in the silence which is why people have a hard time knowing He is with them.

There is a mystical line of thought which says: "If God is everything-infinite and all filling- how could there be any room for God's creations?  Thus, the first act of  this being e=was to withdraw in order to make space available."  This withdrawal-a kind of inner retreat of the Divine-has been described as a self-limiting and a self-silencing.

But the still small voice still speaks in creation.

2 comments:

beth bennett said...

Ken I am sorry you hurt your back and do get that toe looked at, these things can get worse,
Hope you feel better soon.
love mom

Sandra said...

Moral of the story, enjoy my mental faculties while I still have them! Less jigsaw puzzles and more crossword puzzles. Sandra