Sunday, January 19, 2014

STRANGERS

DSCN1966
Yesterday I met two strange men I have never seen on my walk before.  They made me feel nervous.  Silly eh!  So being a wise  cocky old bird I took a different route and went a different time the next day.  I am used to the people I meet regularly and especially their dogs.  I like the quiet of the early morning and seeing lights come on in the homes of people as they just wake up.

It is still cold and foggy.  I think I have read too many mystery stories about strange things happening in the fog.

"Monks live in the desert he explain.  We come for a radical confrontation with ourselves.
Silence is for bumping into yourself."  -a monk on a Trappist  path.

 As I go for my walk I quote;  "You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.".  -Christopher Robin   Then off to church!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I don't have any regular people yet. Sometimes there is a jogger, or someone else walking their dog. But usually it is just me. Had a quick Skype with Carol and then Mary and Simone came on to say hi and entertain me. Randy had his clock set wrong and he got up and left for work an hour early. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Good to see the canucks eek out a win against the worst team in the NHL. The coach may be gone for a few games . Be careful mom lots of weirdos out there.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Ken I thought the game was awful with starting out with a brawl. Maybe the coach should be fired because all they are doing is getting penalties.

Tennis is a good game and good when the family can all play. We are watching the tennis.

Yes I will be careful.

Love mom