Wednesday, January 8, 2014

INEVITABLY.

DSCN2040

I knew as sure as I removed my tiny little toy centre from the living room a child would come by for a visit.  I put my small stash of toys away with the little table and chairs and put the coffee table back in place.  It was inevitable!

Early Tuesday morning Jasmine, the eldest of the Cathy tribe of five,  phoned to ask if she could come over with her little boy about two. I told her to come right over as dad and I would be going out after lunch.
She is now on medical release from the air force  because of serious health problems.  One being she is a celiac among other as yet undiagnosed health issues.  Dad and I were enjoying a good visit when she used the washroom and looked a little strange when she came out.

DSCN2037
Why was there a beer can in the washroom?

 Well what happens is I often pick up a can on my walk to pass on to our paper girl, who is please to cash them in.  Inevitably I rush in from my walk and rush to the bathroom.  That morning I had really been in a hurry and left my gloves and this can in the washroom, and completely forgot about them as I crawled around trying to bring out the toys.
 Fortunately dad found it before she left and was able to explain it.

So we had a good laugh about it.  Azzy played most with the box he crawled in and out of and enjoyed watching the birds come to the feeder.

Our visit went well with Vera and Howard but by the time I arrived home I was very weary but happy.  I then had to finish my study for the next day with a very  slow brain.  I find prophecy and the book of Revelation very very challenging but I always learn something when I study with others and have fun too!

Today I will be at the church from 9:45 till about 2.  First is the ladies group and then the Bible study. 

We are all believers in something or somebody.  Revelation is a picture of good and evil; heaven and hell.  Yes angels and demons.    His servants according to Revelation are sealed by the unseen reality of the power of goodness.  This is amazing because we come to realize that everything you count on for protection and freedom has failed; the Divine Presence does not fail.
 
These servants include rabbis, monks, reformers, writers, revolutionaries and philosophers and artists and all who have continued to serve even though they still have lots of questions.  Like me!


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Birthdays, I have to remember Stephens in 4 weeks. Cameron and Chris turn 30 this year. How can that be when I am just barely over 30 my self? Sandra

Anonymous said...

Had a good Skpye sessionw ith Carol yesterday. She missed the really bad weather in Toronto and landed safely and on time in Caymans on Sunday, and is enjoying her job because she is working with close firends. xo Panteli

larry bennett said...

yes I know the feeling Sandra - or at least I did until very recently - how could all my children be in their fifties -when I was just leaving mine?

I am glad Carol is happy in Cayman Panteli - hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

I put a comment on at 5am , but it didn't go on. What I said was that you are very early . Hot today. Planning Jasmine's party for tomorrow. Go to funfields water park. Friday , then Saturday have a party at home. Cause it's going to be very hot on Friday........better water parking.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Sounds very exciting for Jasmine. Seems like she is growing up fast too.
Wish her happy birthday from all of us.
love mom