Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WORRIED

DSCN2091
Most of our problems are not being able to find things,  Like no book marks at least dad can never find any.
Always the glasses go missing then turn up in bunches.  The point I was thinking about when I took this picture was that we have so much more than we often realize!

These were dad's big problems before the pain in his upper back hit.  Seemed worse as he got ready for bed so I guess if it gets bad enough we will get some help.  It is morning now and he slept reasonably well as long as he did not move.

I think you worry when you do not know what it is and sitting around the doctor's or the hospital is certainly no fun.
It is difficult for me seeing him in pain. 

I was having strange dreams all night.  Thankful we made it through the night.

Last night I had this dream where friends and family kept arriving at our house late at night and I had no room for them to sleep.  They were both dead  (not ghosts but very real and alive ) but that did not surprise me as I was glad to see them but was frantically looking for a place where they could sleep, trying to find towels and blankets etc.
I wish I knew what dreams meant.
.
Anyway what ever is wrong I think recovery will take a while.  Recovery is a daily effort and may take hard work too.  We all deal with pain in different ways and a little prayer is a great help I believe.

I will update later in the day

Update dad seems to have more pain moving although when he is still it stops.  We are off to the Peace Arch Hospital.  Dad hates my driving.

A long day at the hospital but they were very good.  Dad has an inflamed bursa and some arthritis in his hip.  I will now go get his medicine,

 

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Are you still thinking it is a muscle pull, or something else? The ones you love also mean work and worry? Death is on its way and you are not ready? Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Sending prayers for healing for Larry. I hope he has it checked out though, if it is still bad....
That was a strange dream Beth. Sometimes they are so realistic aren't they?
We are off to the city.
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Sandra you are hilarious. We are ready but I want to go first.
Nancy drive safely.
love Beth (m0m)

nancy-Lou said...

Oh Boy, bursitis is very painful. I hope the pills help Larry soon, that is no fun for either one of you!
So glad you went to the hospital.
Thanks for the update Beth....I looked at your blog as soon as I got home from the city.

The highway was pretty darned icy about half the way....in the treed part where the snow doesn't blow off. I drove in and Carl drove home. We are waiting to hear when our little rescue dogs are ready so we can drive down to Minneapolis to pick them up. I am so excited!

Rest well tonight, Larry and Beth, Love to you both, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hope Dad is feeling better.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Hope Dad is feeling better.

Love,

Rick