Wednesday, January 15, 2014

ROUTINE

P1130340
P1130342
This picture of the stone steps reminds me that change can come as we take one step at a time!

Dad and  are trying to get back into a healthy routine with a positive attitude.  Dad is reading "Drop Dead Healthy" by A. J. Jacobs, a book  I picked up at the library.

Four police cars cruising  around the streets as I walked early in the morning.  Should I feel safer or more worried wondering if  they think the creepy guy is still in the area.   I had my hood pulled up over my head and they made sure they made eye contact with me.  My mind was on my prayers so I was not worried.  Things like this do not happen in Delta as often as they do in Surrey.  But bad things can happen anywhere it seems.

Off to the dentist as soon as I caught my breath for a extra long appointment.  Have another one next Monday which is suppose to be just 30 minutes.

Dad went for a long bike ride so the better weather sure helps us too.

I had a bright idea of reading one of dad's stories to Howard, when we went visiting him,  but went looking for a white binder forgetting they were in a green printed one.  I looked in all the usual places but it does not help when you are looking for the wrong thing. Another lesson learned!   We had a good visit anyway  with both Vera and Howard, telling lots of funny stories about horses of all things and I found the book of stories when I got home. 

Finished reading  "The End Of Your Life Book Club."  A good book to read if you like a book about books and an amazing woman's life and battle with cancer.  Be prepared for a very sad ending.

Vera reminded us about how one word can affect the life of another.  Our lives are all unique but as we share our experiences we can be a blessing and hopefully motivate others.  Lots of stories to be told!





4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Good to hear you and Larry are working at being healthy....we are doing that too! Exercise and good food choices.

Gosh Beth, that is scary, seeing all those police cars on your walk. Early morning is when a lot of criminal acts occur. I know, I used to work for the police department... answering regular calls as well as 911 emergency and looking after the police radio. Many years ago, but I don't think it has changed much.

We are in for a couple of really stormy days. 15 cms of snow and very strong winds. Freezing rain later today.
We had to take our little dog, Dinty, in to be euthanized yesterday, such a sad time. Miss him terribly, especially as he was blind and always with me.

Have a good day, Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Saw the police again this morning and it appears they are especially warning young people not to use the walk ways. I am not either although by the time I get there it is light.

So sad about your dog Dinty you will look expecting him to be following you for a few days I am sure.

love beth

Sandra said...

I just read a book about dying as well. Unsaid. It is about people and animals for doubly sad. But it made me think. Shawna said how heart wrenching it was to see Katie perk up when she thought she was going for a walk, where she was actually heading to the vet. I think that is the big difference betweeen us humans and the pets we love. We can spend much of our lives worrying about the past and future, but our dogs just live in right now. Katie was happy that right in that moment she was going somewhere. Her pain and everything else was out of her mind. I guess that is why it can be a hard decision when to put an animal down, because they do still have joy even up to the very end. I am glad for my well lighted streets that I walk in the morning, and the random people I see once in a while. It was quieter out this morning with the fog. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra I had the same expeience taking Tinker-bell. Mind you she certainly did not want to go in the car to the vet. But once we got there she perked right up - growled at a pit bull - then jumped up and sat on the counter with the receptionists - and greeted all the other animals as they came in. I felt horrible when the vet came in and told me to bring her in - had to go take her out of the arms of one of the girls. But the cat was not worried - did not suffer any more - but I did! dad