Wednesday, January 29, 2014

GROWING UP


ken photo 265
Looking back I think one of the hardest things has been separation from my family.  We know they have to grow up and move away and I am happy they can do this and we can keep in touch.  But it is still painful emotionally.
ken photo 411
It is good that they have a bigger pool now to help with the heat.
ken photo 287
They grow up so quickly and we miss them all.  Keeping in touch is so important but hard to do when everyone is busy but Sandra is doing excellent keeping in touch with the grand babies

We  also  moved away from our parents and that is all apart of growing up.

One reason I make an effort with my blog is to keep in touch.  I believe that our feelings are good and that we are all vulnerable and at times need to share.  Part of being human!

The drive to the hospital was extremely stressful for me as I did everything wrong.  Dad was treated well at the hospital had was in an bed in about one hour and a half.  He was examined and had his blood taken and urine.  It was determine it was a inflamed bursa which had been getting more and more painful.  They also took an Ezra of his hop and figure there was a bit of arthritis which we can expect at our age.  Dad wanted a cortisone shot and was disappointed.  He has seven pills of Apo-Predawns 5 mg.

 I was tired just sitting around although at 2 I had a a small salad.

People were all very nice and a fellow came in with a beautiful dog to visit the patients.  What a wonderful thing to do.  So many good people in the world.  So thankful that I can walk.

Ken do hope you can find some help for your toe.  Try a gluten free diet!  \keep going back to the doctor and find the right one.  Two friends are having intravenous anti-bio tics in their toes/

I am trying to write less and less God stuff .  But I am a spiritual person and that is who I a

I cannot believe it is Thursday and I have to drive to the Home.

Dad just got up and still has some pain but hopefully the meds. will really kick in today!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Larry doesn't have kidney stones. I think an inflamed bursa is easier to treat. I leave in one week!
Panteli
xo

Sandra said...

Do not stifle your God side on our account, we all know how to skim read. : ) I was in the middle of reading your blog when Mary and Simone did a little surprise Skype. I hear all these stories of a cranky teething baby but that is not what I ever see. Mary is all ready making plans for her return to work which is only 4.5 months away. Hope you and dad got some sleep last night and the pills are helping. sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes dad slept well, he is not in pain when he is lying still. I fell asleep watching the hockey game but any T.V. puts me to sleep.oveom

beth bennett said...

We should have a farewell party for Panteli. Sunday our house bring food. love mom

Anonymous said...

Hope Dad feels better . We have terriable Dr's in Australia , well the good ones are just hard to find . I always go to the walk in clinic and here all there is is the indian pill pushers . They see you for 2mins and give you a script for pills . I dont know any non - Indian dr's here... The lady Dr at the hospital was from England. The caring family Dr is a thing from the past .Melina found a wonderful srilankan Dr , but she left to have babies .
Anyway we enjoy your blog Mom ,keep it up.
Ken

Sandra said...

How about at our house on Sunday? It will make me clean and you can come see my dirt!

Shandel said...

Grandma! i agree, keep your blog going. even with all the spiritual god like stuff. it is who you are and its great to share. i like it because it gives me insight to that religion and you are by far the best person for me to hear it from. you are a very down to earth lady and humble. i admire that. Glad to hear that Grandpa has some meds for his pain issues. hopefully that will go away and he can be up and mobile with you once again.

Sandra said...

The medical members of the family want you to spell the drugs correctly so they can look them up!

nancy-Lou said...

Good to hear you both had a good sleep. Is the bursa that is sore on the outside of Larry's hip? I had an inflamed bursa on the inside of my leg, by the crease where it joins the body and boy was that ever sore. I hope he is not having to much pain...they are very painful indeed!

I enjoy your God talk, Beth and hearing about the books you are reading, as well as your family news. You are one of the the first thing I look for in the mornings, when I sit with my coffee and turn on the ipad. Soo please continue your blogs. You are very creative thinking up new titles and pictures.

I know it takes a good amount of time to think about and write your daily blogs and appreciate every word! Love to you both,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

This is for Shawna who I talked to today. Dad is taking Prednisone 5 mg. He is a little bit better today and yes it was an extremely bad pain on his back just above his hip.

Thank you for all the good support it is hard for me to think sometimes when I get over-tired.

Yes, finding a good doctor is very hard here too. We have had very good care at Peace Portal Emergency. The doctor, took the hip ex-ray even thou he did not really think it necessary.

Most walk in clinics are not the greatest at the best of times.

Keep persisting.

love mom