Friday, January 3, 2014

WOW

DSCN1954
I hear dad getting up and I am still in my p.j.’s looking at the paper.  He is way early!
This is the reason dad is up early
DSCN1955
Soon he is planted in front of the T. V. saying "wow" did you see that?

Hockey has been on the news for the last few days.  There was the outdoor game  where  5 thousand attended.  There has been the Jr. Tournament in Europe and Canucks  on too.
But I was not taking my time because I wanted to watch hockey no it was because of the hockey mom who was killed over at the Newton Ring where she parked her car to pick up her son.  What a tragedy.  It seems it may be because they wanted money 
This s is where dad and I have taken all the children to skate or play hockey.  The swimming pool is just across the way where we all have visited also.

Whoever did this must have been griped with rage I think.  It gives me a creepy feeling knowing that there are people like this so near.  There certainly has been a surge of violence especially in the Surrey area.
I ask myself what makes me angry?  and why?

Of course there is righteous anger that even Jesus may have expressed when he saw the abuse of the priests and the temple sellers.

So I was waiting until it was a bit light before going out for my walk.  But it is okay I tell dad I walk like I am big and tough and mean!  Dad laughs.
Not a very nice day at all; dull with some rain falling.  By the time I arrived home it really started pouring.  Later we go out shopping to the dollar store and to the Safeway.

We are so very thankful to have heat and power.  So many people suffering with the cold.  We have lost our power for a week one year with a bad wind storm and it was tough with four small children.

I am so thankful for a warm house and running watr
DSCN1968

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do bet grandpa was excited witht he Candian juniors winning yesterday! Carol and I are planning to come by Saturday night to say goodbye, not sure what time yet. Carol will phone you. Her flight leaves at 11:30 pm in the evening on Saturday.
xo

Sandra said...

I know, I keep thinking of all the times we have been there, walking between the trees there to and from the rink or library. Planning on doing a lot of nothing this weekend, eat my way through left overs and maybe start on income tax. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Dad and I are on our way to Chilliwack at noon

nancy-Lou said...

One sure has a lot to be thankful for, as you say Beth...electricity, all the comforts we need to sit back and watch the winter go by. I sure has been a tough winter here..and continues to be.

So you walk like you are big, tough and mean...I think you need to take along a BIG stick too! Laughing!

Yes, hockey is our TV too...and this weekend will be "a getting a square bum" for Carl as the Junior hockey is on first...two play off games and then the NLF playoffs. I think he will be ordering meals from his chair!

That is sad to hear about the lady who was killed at the rink and to hear that crime is increasing in Surrey. We often visited by Great Aunt who lived at 120A St Surrey...that was many years ago.

We have a reprieve in temperatures today, -12, but the trade off is snow with blizzard warning. Good thing we got everything done in Winnipeg yesterday. December was the 2nd coldest in over a hundred years. Going for a walk...first time in weeks as it has been too cold.

Take care, love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Only one kitten left , mommie cat hid her so well that she could not get out. The one that is left Melina wants to keep and we are going to call her Yogi. Off to work now , 5 pm shifts , melina at work as well this morning.jayde slept over and will look after the kids until melina get home at 3pm. Canada doing well at jr hockey , don't think anyone will beat Sweden . So hope for the silver .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Nancy glad you are doing okay and able to have a walk. I think you are the only one that thinks I am funny. Maybe a big stick would help!
love beth