Saturday, February 22, 2014

A GLIMPSE

DSCN2300
I catch a glimpse of the early morning sun rise as I step out the front door;   so it is back in and run upstarts to get my camera. The sky changes so quickly it really is just a glimpse.  I had a shorter walk but will do tomorrow.

We will not even catch a glimpse of Rick Friday as he is having dinner in town.  I know I for one will be in bed.

P2190475!
I catch glimpses of early signs of spring.


P2190469
Dad takes a short walk the day before at the old City Hall.  Such a calming place to walk around in and also lots of benches for us to stop and rest.  So sad to see this place now being deserted for no reason. reason for it.

Maybe it is for a fancier area.

Dad and I had an exhausting day visiting Dad certainly did his part while my eyes keep closing.

I believe that spiritual practice enhances our souls along with our emotions, family background and current relationships. We absorb pieces of people we encounter and are shaped by happy or disappointing events.

Felt a little let down last night,  Do not have any plans for today so phone if you want to know what plans may be happening.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Ok, I will call in a while. It is snowing here this morning, is it there? Might try and talk Randy into going to the home and garden show in the city. Sandra

Shandel said...

Grandma, i hope your spirits lift today. I know how yucky those feelings can be..when one feels down. But i like to remember that their is always light at the end of the tunnel and these feelings do change. Your blog is very up lifting and i adore how you see the beauty in everything. Even if just a glimpse. I too caught a glimpse of the morning sunrise, when Daisy dog and i headed out for our walk. it was very pretty. We are looking at colder temps come next week. Hoping to take Daisy out to the dog park to run around. Tonight we are going to church to witness Kenzie's dedication. Looking forward to catching up with the Parsons and all the kidlets. Hope you have a great Saturday. Will you and Grandpa be up early Sunday to watch the Mens hockey GOLD game?
xo love you

Shandel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa said...

How did I get such a poetic grandma? Wow! You really have a way with words. I would have just said, "man, I feel like #*%#* today." But instead you take a blah day and make it inspiring. Giving everyone a chance to reflect and remember that everyone has blah days. And Shandel, you reminded me of one of my favourite quotes... "The only constant is change." Which is so true. What goes up must come down. And in regards to moods, what goes down must come up!!!

Shandel said...

Theresa you are so right! loved your comment and that quote is great. :D

nancy-Lou said...

What uplifting and cheerful comments from your Granddaughters, Beth. Made me feel good too! Thanks, girls!
Lovely picture of the sunrise Beth. Can you feel it getting stronger these days? I always know when spring is coming because my African Violets start to bud. Mind you, it is farther away than your spring. We have another 10 days of very bitter cold weather with strong wind chills. But spring is just around the corner.
We had ice damming around one of our fans and leaking water on to the stove yesterday. It has never leaked there before. Just goes to show how cold it has been these last three months. Our son, Mark came with his ladder and shovelled snow and ice off the roof...so It should be OK for a while.
Are you and Larry getting up at 4am to watch the gold medal hockey game.It will be at 4am! 6am our time.
Take care and love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Your winter weather can sure cause problems Nancy. Good your son could help out.
Larry is planning to be up and I will be too but also try to get my walk in before church.
love beth

Anonymous said...

great news the hockey game is on here at 11pm, I will be at work but will be home in time to watch the last period I hope. I have about 20 TV's at work but non can show the game as it is broadcast on channel one , which is hd , and , well we cant get it via our current network. I can watch it live on my Iphone.
hope your feeling better , maybe a trip to Hawaii would cheer you up???
Ken