Monday, February 24, 2014

COMPLEX

P2230496“Never let anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to make it complex and simple.”   -unknown 


Yes, it was snowing and dark when Rick and I took our early morning walk.  I have always loved a walk in the snow.

We stop to look in the new restaurant as we rounded the corner.
P2230503
Rick thought I looked tired and he thought I did so we turned the corner again and returned home.  Our plan had been to go to church but I was not feel too great and decided to stay home and watch the hockey game with dad.  He had recorded it as no one felt like getting up at 4.  It was a good game and we are all proud of these young people.

I was warming up Kim's dinner but Rick decided he had better start his long drive home.  Excellent and very healthy too.  Soon I will be too healthy to go back to the doctor!

Our visit with Rick was good even if short with all the others he had to visit too.

Dad and I live a pretty simple life but it does get complex and interesting at times!  Monday morning now and he is off to see the doctor about several issues.

We had talked about relationship weather at home or at work that can sometimes be difficult.  A lesson I have learned is that I cannot change others so I can start on my own problems first.  I ask myself if I am the same on the inside as I am on the outside.  The goal we struggle for is integrity and honest.  I have been a little too out-spoken lately so again need to think before I talk; but the important thing is not to stifle your soul or the person you really are.

Actually it is not me it is my hormones!

Life giving energy comes from the soul which can carry us on "Winged energy of delight,"--Rumi


5 comments:

Sandra said...

I do not think you are too out spoken. That is quite alright if you use the S E X word. I am heading out in the snow now for my walk, and will keep my eye on the traffic reports. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Now the whole world knows.

I am not sure about my walk but may try a short one.

Hope all goes well for dad with the doctor today.

Be careful walking and driving.
Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

My morning coffee comes with LOL....it is wonderful how the younger generation are so much more open about the SEX word isn't it, Beth! We come from a different generation and were raised NEVER to say that word! Yes, I am much more relaxed about that word now too! It is liberating! We have come a long way! Our Mother's were not allowed to vote..we were not allowed in pubs ( not that I really wanted to ) they were men only....and we never wore slacks or jeans until the late 1950's.

One has to wonder what the next 100 years will bring!

Sorry to hear you are not feeling strong enough for your regular walks. How nice of Rick to accompany you early in the morning...in the snow! Those are precious memories that mean so much.

I hope Larry has a good doctor's appointment this morning, with his new doctor.

Sending warm thoughts to all the Bennetts. Love to you Beth,
Nancy

Theresa said...

Never too outspoken grandma. And at your age you have earned the right to speak your mind. And we are wise enough to listen and make up our own minds :) I hope your doctor appointment goes well. I am glad Leah is going to tag along. Thinking about you guys :)

Anonymous said...

very true that everyone finds happiness in a different way. and as for loving each other... whats not to love. Rick was working in chilliwack? He should have stopped by, but it was a busy weekend. It is top secret! but ben has won an award. All the soccer players do a awards ceremony next week and a few win awards. its a surprise so he won't know until next week.
kim