Sunday, February 16, 2014

WHAT IF?

DSCN2277
What if spring does not come?  I am so thankful for the changing seasons.  I am so thankful that I  am starting to feel better.
Before this happened I was in a place of “What If?  What if I have this sickness or that one.  I read some articles and I can identify with some of the symptoms.  It seems you have to go through the tunnel of "what if" before the light starts to shine again.


DSCN2258
I hear the train blowing his horn as I am writing this morning, and it reminds me of the many trips I took by train with my mom and dad and brother.  I like the sound that brings back a sense of adventure with new things to see and experience.  Some of the tunnels we went through seemed very long and very dark. 

Dad discovered that sitting on the top of the train is delightful until you go through these tunnels and the black smoke and girt envelops you.  This was on his first trip to the coast with his boyfriend.  It was then he decided he wanted to live out here.  What if he had not come here?

Anyway,I am walking better (not breaking any speed records yet) and thinking more positive.  Maybe I had a small  mini stroke dad and his partner in crime, Sandra,  think I have had one but I am getting better so that is what is important.  Dad and the family can stop worrying. I will not be reading the scripture in church to-morrow as my speech is a bit slurry.

I feel much more peaceful.

Oliver is coming over by ferry for a visit and for dad's birthday so that is good news. 

Happy Birthday Dear and lets us both not worry about the "what ifs"  We will handle whatever comes our way!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Is Oliver coming over for dinner? No spring? That is not a what if I would ever want to think about! Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Sorry to hear that you might have had a mini stroke, Beth. BUT glad to hear you strength is returning. The important thing is to prevent more happening...better check it out.
Yes, I do care about you too! Even though we have not met in person, you are a very dear friend.

I am sure spring will come, the warmth from the sun is getting so strong, but it sure is going to take a long time before all this snow melts. It is up to our windows now and we are getting lots more later today and this week.
Train whistles are nostalgic aren't they? We used to travel by train a lot too. Where did you go with your parents? We used to travel from Winnipeg to New Westminister...at least once a year. What a trip through the moun tains and the spiral tunnels in particular. I think Larry must have been a dare devil..sitting on top of the train, going through tunnels...Whoa...what a rush that would be!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LARRY. May your day be filled with lots of laughter, family and of course, good food!

Love to you both,
Nancy