Thursday, February 27, 2014

RETRAINING THE BRAIN

DSCN2326
“A friendship may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.   -Ralph Waldo Emerson.

DSCN2331
Lots of snow in our yard,
DSCN2335
Sunshine makes it so much better.
DSCN2337
Our front yard ion the afternoon sun

I feel like what I am doing is retraining my brain., which is what you do when you have a slight stroke,   By walking very carefully I am teaching my feet to walk with a good step.  Still having trouble with balance but it is coming. 

I am trying to speak more clearly.

I was trying to read  reading but finding it confusing but it too is getting better.  I am drinking Lots!

Progress is low, especially for dad, who is worried.  I think my brain may b e a bit stubborn like the rest of me.

Went to my church Bible study group and was warmly welcomed by my good friends. I found I was getting exhausted before it ended.   I was still resting when Panteli dropped by to visit and gave dad his birthday card.  The celebrations carry on!

Today I will try to go visiting and attend a thank you dinner.  Dad will go too.  Dad wants to go to the clinic again but . . . . .   Anyway the sun is lovely and the snow is melting.

The human body has a great ability to heal itself. 

7 comments:

Sandra said...

You know, drinking lots may be why you are walking and talking funny, I know I do when I drink lots! : ) Dad wants to go back to the clinic for you or him? I am dropping in on that widow again tomorrow morning. Not sure why I feel a responsibility for her, we have nothing in common other than we are close in age. Well time to go slip and slide with the dogs. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I am drinking water of course. Dad wants me to go. I will cut back on water.
Take care icy.
love mom

Shandel said...

hahah Sandra! i was going to say the same thing. Grandma but i knew you meant water. haha
Humor is lovely.
Great photos of a beautiful winter day. Sun is glorious.

Anonymous said...

I dropped by to give Grandpa his birthday card and it was a picture of an old man in a recliner holding the remote and grandpa was sitting in his recliner holding the remote! :)
xo
Panteli

Anonymous said...

Nice and sunny and warm here today , 24c . Matthews first exam today at school . He is studying letters , this week A ,C and D . Matthew is going BMX racing tomorrow with his mate Max from school .
Work is a mess 5000 jobs lost . The government won't guarantee our debt so the the cost of our loans continues to rise. The federal government wants to crush unions and wants Qantas to fail . It's a complicated story , but let's just say tough to compete internationally with other national airlines that have billions in oil dollars.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the body needs a little help in healing itself.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

oh dear, Beth. I am sorry to hear that you may have had a small stroke. That must be very frustrating for you....but you are a determined lady and I think you will bounce back quickly and be back to your good walks again.
I am glad that you are seeing the doctor and having tests...sometimes we have to do these things!

My goodness you sure received a lot of snow. It looks to be over a foot of snow...be careful.

I was in the city today and tired tonight after doing a bunch of errands, including Costco and Superstore. Came home with lots of groceries and nearly froze carrying them in to the house,...wowsers it was so cold today with the wind chill. The only good thing was not many people ventured out to shop, so for once, Costco was not very busy!

Our new little dogs sure were excited to see me when I got home. Carl stayed home with them.

Take care my friend and rest lots,
love, Nancy