Thursday, February 13, 2014

LIFE AND DEATH AND LOVE

P2060369

There is no moment so precious as the moment you hold your new born child.  The awe and the wonder is the same with each one.  Also the grandchildren  and the great grandchildren each one a miracle.

Also the time when life draws to a close it as it has now done for Sheila,   love comes to carry  the loved one to a new and better place there is a holy silence and we find ourselves holding our own breath if we are with them. I am so thankful Jill was with her and she died peacefully. We believe that my cousin Sheila  is now free of pain and suffering.  She will be missed.  Now Bill her husband went into hospital the night before with bleeding on the brain.  What a lot of tragedy for all their family. 

 She and her husband Bill stayed with us tears ago and we thoroughly enjoyed their visit.  Dad flew them in our little plane over to Victoria.  They sure enjoyed flying in his little plane.  It was a cold and windy day but walking around and taking in some delightful shops will be a memory we cherish.

It was not life or death that kept me from my Bible study at the church but I had got the date wrong and am still fighting a miserable headache.  I missed getting together with such good friends
 Dad and I took a little walk down at White Rock and although it was cool it was invigorating and the sun was delightful.

Dad found my tests on line and it appears than other than being anemic and blood in my stool all is well.  This can be nothing but the cause will have to be found.  I am too tired to worry about it.

7 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Sorry, you lost your cousin, Sheila..Beth. It seems the older we get the more people we loose and funerals to go attend. Carl has lost all his immediate family and many friends and feels the losses often.

I was surprised to hear that your doctor didn't phone you with results that are positive. Our doctor's assistant always calls and says, 'Doc would like to see you' and we say oh oh! Carl is very pale and I suspect he is losing blood somewhere too...so must call for an appointment.

That was a nice story, about Larry and you flying your friends over to Vancouver Island. It must be a beautiful trip, looking down on all the islands.

Don't worry. my friend...often these things are just a small thing and you will be fine!

Have a great day.....my mind was temporarliy distracted..by curling and I typed...have a great game! LOL. Love Nancy

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear about Shelia and Bill. I dont suppose there is any point in suggesting that a terrible headache and some of your other symptoms may point to a stroke like dad suspects? Mary and Simone spent half an hour with me this morning while she made muffins and I eat my breakfast. It was surprisingly nice out when I went for my walk. Sandra

Theresa said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin passing. We are thinking about you guys a lot. Wish we were closer to be of more help.... Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. Take care of yourselves and rest up. That's an order! Love you guys!

Sandra said...

http://www.arcintegratedmedicine.com/naturopathic-medicine/who-we-treat/

She is just a block from you, why wait to feel better? (and I am not bossy)

nancy-Lou said...

Beth..that is a great link to a naturopathic clinic. I do hope you go. I have followed naturopathic medicine for many years and attribute my good health to it. I will be 70, June 30th.
Sandra is not bossy...she cares about you and loves you...you have a wonderful daughter.
love to you,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

No you are bot bossy but you do have a mind of your own!~ Which is excellent!
Dr. Nolte would not like me to do anything until I hear from him. Trust me I know this.
I did hope we would get a call today but I guess this is good news.
I have not had too good results in the past and of course celiac is hard to diagnose anyway,

love beth

Anonymous said...

Sad news re Sheila and Bill. Yes I do remember them. Is Jill their daughter? Eat some nice red meat Mom , get some iron.
Jassy cam in the the house and said there is this weird thing by the fence . and it looks like a turtle??? sure enough it was a 10inch eastern long neck turtle. walking under our fence ??? we are not close to any water. How strange . I will keep it until Matthew gets home from school then take it ( and the gold fish , its food ) down to the little lake about 3km away.
Ken