Thursday, February 6, 2014

OLD AND YOUNG

P2060367
Talked to Mary and Simone  on Skype first thing yesterday morning.  The dog was there but curled up asleep.  It is amazing to see these little ones growing

Thank you for these pictures   on our calendar, Shawna they bring me so much joy.

I went  be visiting at he Home as it was Thursday already.  Jim was very miserable last week but he has reasons to be.  Getting old and not feeling well is a challenge.  Dad  drove me as I was still having a headache.  He came in and talked to a few people.  Everyone has a story.  Dad and I were invited to a volunteer appreciation dinner but I do not think I need it because I am not sure how much longer I will be going.  It is nice for me when dad and I can do things together.

Not much happening here accept it is getting very cold and windy.  I guess Pentali will be in the wonderful warm Caymans visiting Carol during his school break.

P2050362
This is our backyard little waterfall.  It actually looked prettier but you can get the picture.  The big frozen icicles with the sun shining on them.  So peaceful.

What does the word peace mean to you?  Certainly stillness and absence of conflict.

The word for peace in the Bible is Shalom which is more than peace it is a form of blessing.    When Jesus told the woman who was healed by touching the edge of his cloak, she was healed and he said "go in peace."

Jesus says Shalom meaning go with the presence of God, it's the presence of wholeness and completeness.  He is blessing her  entire being.  His desire is for us to live in harmony, body and soul.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I think the weather is about to warm up. I work today so a long week for me. We have 3 quotes for a new fence now, the 4th will be tomorrow. Sandra