Monday, February 10, 2014

BUNCHES




I find it encouraging to have a wonderful "bunches"  of friends.  I have learned a lot from them about overcoming problems and seeing that the  smallest thing  can bring happiness.  Although Monday I was feel a little down until Sandra dropped by for a visit.  I got a little gardening advice.  She had thw little ducks from the pond across the road walk through her yard.  Cute!

“I think we have false idea about  joy and pain and being optimistic and courageous and fearful are completely opposite things.  In my experience they often live in the same person.”    - Silken Laumam

Each flower has it's own beauty  and each one of us has are own personality.

Dad is enjoying the ladies hockey.  I watch for awhile and go for a walk in the pouring rain which they forecast could be snow.  I waited to see if dad wanted to go for a walk but his hip is sore and he does not like the rain.  I just think you get wet and then come home and put on dry clothes.  I laugh seeing the dogs getting dried off across the street.

"So one can discover your own sacredness inside or outside of the church."   Thomas Moore

I think I will use the Jewish word "Yahweh" as people get uptight about God being male and or female.  I can just call the glimpses of  this mystery "Yahweh|  in many  circumstances or in the beauty and majesty of nature or the powerful vibrancy one can feel through music or kin sadness and in joy!

This Tuesday  morning I will be looking at a bunch of people sitting in a small room all waiting to have their blood  drained and tested.  It could take all morning.  No breakfast but maybe a short walk.   I will be ready to eat and drink!

Feed  me!  Feed me!   Feed me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely photos from yesterday's visit. Morgan looks so proud of her awards! Carol and I are having a nice time here and the weather is lovely. xo
Panteli

Sandra said...

Have fun at the clinic. Well, at least make the most of it. Generally not my favourite place to hang out. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, I did enjoy the pics of the girls...especially the one of Morgan with her award. Please tell her I think she is a talented painter...her pictures are quite creative. Well done Morgan. Art supplies would be a great gift for her birthday, Christmas etc. The $$$ store has some cheap canvas and paints and brushes.
love, Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

A gift of art classes would also by great for Morgan.

beth bennett said...

Thank you all. Good suggestions Nancy,
I hear your weather is still bad. I did not go for a walk (well just to see when the blood clinic opened) the roads were very icy so it would not have been good.
Dad drove me over when it was time to go and then White Spot fed us both.
Now I am going to rest.
love beth

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it to the clinic ok. News reports were of plenty of car accidents in vancouver with the Ice roads.
We still are in a smoke haze with bush fires burning still about 30km north of here . Weather is good , expect rain for the first time in weeks this weekend .
Ken

Sandra said...

Birthday dinner at our house on Sunday