Thursday, February 20, 2014

IDENTITY.



Rick is coming for a visit on Friday. Seems like a long time since we have seen him.
Dad and I are enjoying our entrees and just adding a few vegetables sure makes it easier.

DSCN2283Dad's old doctor has retired and his partner has moved into the Hilltop Clinic with Dr. Nolte.  He will be seeing him on Monday which I am very thankful about

We identify flowers and plants and animals by their names.  Our neighborhoods identify us too.
DSCN2266

When we are young we are identified by our looks, our dress, our educational skills,
our athletic ability,  our successes and our ability  our ability to communicate skillfully and be popular.  I may have forgotten a lot of things but I look back on 'what an adventure life has been.

One thing I have learned nothing ever seems certain that one day, one advent can change us forever.
Thankful we have not lost the tough and critical mind that needs to keep asking questions.

As we age our minds are not as sharp and our looks not so good but it is what is in our hearts that counts.  Looking back we realize what an adventure life has been!

I identified with my parents religion when I was young and for many years after.  I am continuing to be faithful to these beliefs and respect those who have their own beliefs.

The more modern way of teaching the Bible can be confusing but also enlightening.  The soul that feels at home at church or in nature or curled up quietly in a big chair listening will hear the message of all of creation.

It is important whom  and what we identify with..  Also what time people are coming to town.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a department meeting in Surrey on Friday, so I'll drop by in the afternoon. when is Rick arriving? xo Panteli

Sandra said...

Yes, when is Ricky arriving and how long is he staying? Sandra

beth bennett said...

I do not know his arrival time but around supper I think. He is only staying a day or so I think I did not talk to him.
Dad almost forgot to tell me he was coming I said what did Rick say and Dad said o nothing much love mom and later mentioned it.

Anonymous said...

enjoy your visit with rick. Hi rick!
I am buying a new vacuum after work today.
Kim