Monday, February 3, 2014

DISCOVER

DSCN2209
Dad discovered he could get lost taking a short cut to Sandra and Randy's against my advice.  I felt bad because we arrived late.  But we dis enjoy our roast beef dinner with James and Mandy joining us.,  They had pie and squares and I even had cookie dough that turned into cookies to bring home.
 
At church the sermon was on the Sermon on the Mount and that the poor in spirit were not those who thought they were right, especially the self-righteous.  Religion as I see it can be a curse or a blessing.  Those who are open to learning can be a blessing.

I agree with Thomas Moore that we need to discover Religion with a Soul!

DSCN2217
I have not read this book yet only the first few pages and I probably will be quoting it a lot.  I certainly have a confidence in some of my beliefs  but good to know there is always more to learn.

I read about a lot of violence and fighting in the Old Testament which I believe is founded on anger and rebellion.  I also have seen many beautiful passages which describes God as loving and compassionate.

Angry people invent an angry God who gets blamed for demanding people to be slaughtered.

I have found anger to be a very painful emotion which I think also has power to destroy the soul. 

"In my in-depth understanding of the word, religion is our creative response to the mysteries that permeate our lives"   -Thomas Moore

Life can be unfair and tough and unbearable at times.

"Soul is the unreachable depth, felt vitality and full presence of a person or even a thing.  A person with soul (or the spirit of light) gives you the feeling that he has really lived (and is real) and has a strong personality.  Soul is the invisible, mysterious and softly radiant element that gives you a sense of meaning and makes you human."  Sounds like some one poor in spirit!

Obviously there needed to be a religion with heart and soul and a new understanding of God who loves us all and who forgives and forgets and loves unconditionally.

Anyway I took a picture of Sandra's dirt and if it turned out will post it to-morrow.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Anger does help to get the house cleaned sometimes. Managed to clean the kitchen after the last of the fire died down and then relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. Sandra

beth bennett said...

That is so true. Good for you, you had a very busy week-end!

Anonymous said...

What fire ?
Ken